LegacyGT.com

Odd fuel spill

Hello, I just went to put a few gallons in my legacy today and for some reason some fuel started to spill underneath the car as I was pumping gas. While the spill wasn't the entire amount it was definitely audible and visible. Now I thought maybe I was hitting the drain near the gas cap? Later on the drive home I put another gallon that I had in reserve and the car didn't leak? Any thoughts and has this happened to anyone else before?

• 2 weeks later...
So I took the car out for a cruise to datalog the vehicle. I stopped by a gas station and put some fuel in the car, next thing I know I hear the fuel spilling out of the bottom. I noticed that it is coming directly below the rear passenger door. I did change the fuel pump so maybe I didn't put the gasket on correctly and it is leaking out?

So I took the car out for a cruise to datalog the vehicle. I stopped by a gas station and put some fuel in the car, next thing I know I hear the fuel spilling out of the bottom. I noticed that it is coming directly below the rear passenger door. I did change the fuel pump so maybe I didn't put the gasket on correctly and it is leaking out?

I guess we all know what you'll be doing this weekend...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived