LegacyGT.com

Need some help, Etune, running lean cant find boost leak.. Please!!

Clean your MAF and make sure you have a clean paper or dry filter.

How many pounds of pressure was the smoke test done at?

I am going to clean MAF, change paper filter, and check o-ring on MAF sensor and ill report back.

Dont know what the pounds were, my buddy Brent at Ralli Candy did it.

I am going to clean MAF, change paper filter, and check o-ring on MAF sensor and ill report back.

Dont know what the pounds were, my buddy Brent at Ralli Candy did it.

Ask him at what psi did his smoke tester test to. Also meanwhile dont push it, lean under boost is bad new bears.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• Moderators

In my experience, a shop will not put pressure into the system when smoke testing. My smoke tester only applies about a 1/3 PSI. That can create a problem if you are truly searching for a leak that only occurs in boost. This is one of the reasons I bought my own smoke machine, and it's a great tool to have around.

What I do when I'm really searching for a leak is hook up a boost leak tester to the inlet, and then my smoke tester up to the BPV sense hose. This way I can add smoke into the system while depressing the schrader valve on the boost leak tester. Once I see smoke coming out of the boost leak tester I know there is a good amount of smoke in the system. Then I clamp the BPV hose, remove my tester, and pressurize the system at the boost leak tester. Any boost leak should be visible with smoke for at least a moment at that point. I haven't seen a shop do this, but maybe some of them are out there--I don't make a point of going to many shops :/

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

No not gooey. It actually runs perfect, just gotta get to the bottom of this. I am just going to throw the stock down pipe and exhaust on and that should probably clear up the boost creep issue and hopefully sorts the lean out. We shall see

IMO putting the stock DP is a waste of time.

if you have a air compressor, Block off the inlet hose off the air filter box, on a 4th gen, a pint size paint can fits great. then remove the hose from the BOV on the intercooler. give that hose a short blast of air, put your thumb over the hose and listen for air leaks.

Not sure if its that easy on a 5th gen.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

IMO putting the stock DP is a waste of time.

if you have a air compressor, Block off the inlet hose off the air filter box, on a 4th gen, a pint size paint can fits great. then remove the hose from the BOV on the intercooler. give that hose a short blast of air, put your thumb over the hose and listen for air leaks.

Not sure if its that easy on a 5th gen.

There is no leak, I smoke tested it yesterday.

Archived