LegacyGT.com

fog bulb replacement

You need H16 TYPE 2. If you don't have the steering fog lights. H11 don't fit. And regular H16 are a different base. Osram has there own version of H16 (known in the aftermarket light world as H16 type 2, but officially osram h16 64219) that are different than the regular H16 which aren't right angle and have a different base. They only appear in toyotas and subarus. Jdm astar sells LEDs bulbs in h16 type 2. I'm running the new fog Led bulbs by them. These are what I have, there awesome

https://www.jdmastar.com/1g-2200-lumens-h16-type-2-cree-led-fog-light-bulbs.html?search=H16%20type%202&description=true

• 11 months later...
I was wondering if you all had any ideas on how to make adjustments to the fog lights after replacing with LED bulbs. I put in H11 Auxbeam F-16 Series and they are really bright, so I was wanting to aim them downward to offset the brightness factor.

I was wondering if you all had any ideas on how to make adjustments to the fog lights after replacing with LED bulbs. I put in H11 Auxbeam F-16 Series and they are really bright, so I was wanting to aim them downward to offset the brightness factor.

Welcome to the forums

d9342986957061a3131061d30d177d3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realize that since the fog lights are close to the road any downward directed light will be reflected on the road surface disturbing other drivers. This means that directing them has to take this into account as well as using them during the right conditions - which is fog. Full daylight is fine too, but don't use them in rain.

Sometimes you see yellow fog lights, and the point is that the single color is less disturbing for other drivers. A single color light is easier to separate out for the human eye. It's also not reflected back to the driver as much as white light when you drive in foggy conditions.

453747.png

Thank you MrCobbs for the picture, that is very helpful! And thank you for welcoming me to the forums. I'm all new to Subaru and car forums. I am also thinking about tinting the fog lights to reduce the light a bit without having switch back to the ultra dim, yellow halogens.

ehsnils- I try to keep my fog lights off unless it is foggy but my new Legacy has the steering responsive fog lights and I do not want to blind other drivers. I want make sure they are aimed properly as well. I am going to look into tinting for the fog light housing.

You "need" H16 bulbs if you don't have the Steering Responsive Foglights and "need" H11 bulbs if you do have SRF.

IIRC, it's based on the housing and the wattage of the bulbs, one being plastic/ABS and the other being a metal housing for the H11.

this is 100% correct. h11 bulbs do not fit into h16 housings. xenondepot insisted h11's were correct for my 2015 limited without srf's and there was no way to get them in. they refused to send me the correct bulbs and told me to modify the h11's to get them to fit. paypal took care of it and i put these in. they match my 5,000k hid's and very bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011480N3K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is 100% correct. h11 bulbs do not fit into h16 housings. xenondepot insisted h11's were correct for my 2015 limited without srf's and there was no way to get them in. they refused to send me the correct bulbs and told me to modify the h11's to get them to fit. paypal took care of it and i put these in. they match my 5,000k hid's and very bright.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011480N3K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2NHLTI/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486855008&sr=sr-1&keywords=led+h11+philips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n2oiroc. I have a 15, premium, w\o SRF. It did originally have H16 installed. I'm currently using H11, LEDs from XD. Mine fit without issues. The only difference between H11 & H16 is the wattage of a regular incandescent bulb. Even the link above from "upsater" from amazon, is for H8/H11/H16.

n2oiroc. I have a 15, premium, w\o SRF. It did originally have H16 installed. I'm currently using H11, LEDs from XD. Mine fit without issues. The only difference between H11 & H16 is the wattage of a regular incandescent bulb. Even the link above from "upsater" from amazon, is for H8/H11/H16.

Well whatever they sent me didnt fit. :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Will these fit a 2016 Subaru legacy 3.6?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/subaru-morimoto-xb-led.html

The website says it will only fit for years 2010-2102 on the legacy.

I am selling mine if you want. just took them off my 2015 legacy 3.6r. had them on for about 6 months.

Will these fit a 2016 Subaru legacy 3.6?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/subaru-morimoto-xb-led.html

The website says it will only fit for years 2010-2102 on the legacy.

IIRC, there are two types of fog lamps used on the 6th gen. There is an angled type used on the models with EyeSight which is can be replaced with the Toyota Oval type XB LED fog lamps from Morimoto. I believe the non-EyeSight models used a flat type fog, and I cannot recall if the normal Subaru type XB LED fog lamps work or if it is a different model.

IIRC, there are two types of fog lamps used on the 6th gen. There is an angled type used on the models with EyeSight which is can be replaced with the Toyota Oval type XB LED fog lamps from Morimoto. I believe the non-EyeSight models used a flat type fog, and I cannot recall if the normal Subaru type XB LED fog lamps work or if it is a different model.

Thanks

Archived