LegacyGT.com

Muffler/exhaust shop

leumaskrap

Ben Richards Fabrication in Burlington if you're up that way.

Awesome, something I was looking for, I need to make a custom pipe, trying to make my 2016 2.5i have dual exhausts. But only problem is im down south in Federal Way..

There's going to be a bit of work as the shop will have to cut your current pipe to make it work. which will make it impossible to return to stock. Also will need a new rear bumper skin unless buying a replacement?

However any competent shop should be able to weld a Y on and a second exhaust.

Are you doing this for wow/bling factor? Cause no other benefits.

I've never used dan fast however got lots of recommendations for them when I was looking for a crazy exhaust system.

Will he need a skin? If I recall, there's a cutout that just has piece to fill it in for the 2.5i's because the 3.6R's are dual exhaust. He might need hangers and such, but I don't think he'll need to mod/replace the rear bumper at all.

Yea, I was told i would have to buy a 3.6r mid pipe and weld hangers on the passenger side. I just wanted to see how much a custom would be before buying a mid pipe.

And yes its for wow/bling/noise factor and I hate how there is a cut out just not being used.

Huh. That looks odd. Can see why you want to add a second pipe can you find a stock muffler and tail pipe then have them weld on a y to attach it?

Well Ive sent emails to all the shops around but none of them replied. But after speaking to some people on the forums, they said I could just buy a 2015/2016 3.6R mid pipe from here:

http://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/a/Subaru__Legacy36L-CVT-4WD/60015807__6464122/EXHAUST-EXHAUST--MUFFLER/B15-440-03.html

And then I would have to buy aftermarket axlebacks for each side, for example Nameless performance has them for sale here:

http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2015-legacy-3-6r-axleback-exhaust/

THEN I would have to find a shop that can weld in hangers for the exhaust on the passenger side. Since the 2.5i only has one exhaust, they didnt add the hangers for the passenger side.

So basically that will be my plan, because Im afraid the shops wont give me what I want so ill just do it on my own. And no welding or custom work will be required. But right now I need to make sure this is 100%

Archived