LegacyGT.com

Advise time again..chime in

twisted

First off all your input is appreciated.

Here are the 2 offers i have

Option 1

05 LGT LTD 5MT-Silver demo (driven by Sales Manager) with 5000 miles

Options (Short Throw Shifter, spoiler, autodim)

at 24000

Whats a good price for this demo? I'm hoping 22800

Option 2

05 LGT LTD 5MT Garnett red (200 miles on it)

Options (spoiler sub amp autodim armrest)

at 25500 (dealer's lowest price altho i want it for $25000 even)

Is this in line with what others are paying?

Which one to go for?

I think i am happy with the Red one's price but if i can get dealer to go down on the used then i save some money. Its not like it was a customer demo

Question is how low can i expect him to go down on the demo even tho he insists that 24000 is the lowest.

Dont get mad...just help me make up my mind...cuz i'm very indecisive :(

TTL is not included in the above prices but he'll give me $13K for my trade on either sale:

which brings tax to (5 % of the difference) ($500 for silver at price of 24000 and $625 for the RED)

Title will be another $150 or so tops

$5000 miles??...that's not DEMO..that's a trade-in!!!:lol: ..don't dealers try to sell anything that they can??...that's keeping the car in the dealer for a long time to rack up $5000 miles, no?...I don't know about pricing LTD's...have you entered those numbers onto kbb.com??
In Taiwan now...:spin:

$24k is too much for a used legacy, in my opinion. If they won't drop down to 23000 i'd take red own.

That car has probably been on the lot for a while - so you might be able to get them to come down a little further. $25,500 isnt a bad deal though.

either way - i'd stick with the Red personally - chances are the Silver one has had a rough life on test drives and doing it's demo work. I'm sure the sales staff was real good about putting premium gas in it as well....

ok so lets forget the silver and stick with the red one

does 25.5 seem ok for it or shud i aim for lower

considering its an 05 and all

I spoke to another dealer and they can gimme a red one for 25400 (but thats without the 3.9)

All i really want is the damn red for 25 even and 3.9...is that next to impossible???

Guest *Jedimaster*

Ask him what he'd give someone on a trade of an 05 with 5K on the clock ;)

Was this car titled? If so, it's used and should be marked down accordingly.

the silver was driven by sales manager....prolly with dealer plates on...if he wud come down to 22 then it may be remotely close to a deal..otherwise its whack...i'm sticking to the red..now if only u guys wud tell me whats the best u got fora a LTD 5MT sedan before TTL..that'll put things in perspective for me :)

whats wrong with oe spoiler...please tell me cuz i dont know

there is nothing wrong with the factory spoiler -- he just isnt a fan of the way it looks. If you like the spoiler though - then don't worry about it at all.

as for pricing - i'm not sure what most people in the LTD models were paying, but i'm willing to be the lowest prices were in the mid 26k to 27k range. 25,5 is what more people were paying for a loaded non-limited model.

but you've got time on your side - this car has been on the lot for a while and chances are that the dealer is starting to lose money on it and will be willing to negotiate a little more to get rid of it.

1: Stay away from Dealer Demo cars.. I mean.. its a DEMO.. DEMONSTRATION... so gotta Demonstrate how it pwns with it's turbo and it's handling... meh... I wouldn't touch it, and I shurly wouldn't touch it for $24,000 when they would put you in a new car for $1,500 more. (that should make up your mind right there)

If you do choose Option one, I would do as Jedi suggests and ask what they would give in trade for that car with 5k miles on it. $24000 is BS when a new one is only $1,500 more and hasen't been "demo'ed" :)

i was just offered $26,200 before TTL on a white 2005 GT Limited auto with auto dim /homelink and the security upgrade. MSRP was $30,876. I was shooting for a lower price though. I had wanted a manual, but this is the only white LGT around.

I live in Houston, so I'm not sure if it makes any difference. Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Don't worry too much about a "demo" Scooby. Winky was one, and to-date, no "stutter/studder," no clutch-stink (despite my rather repeated 3 to 5K clutch-slip launches since I've "gone Stage II") - none of the issues that so many here have posted about.

:)

If you fall in-love with it, and you've thoroughly inspected it pre-delivery, you'll be fine.

If your personal taste is to have a vehicle that's been "babied" during break-in, though, you're better off taking a "new" vehicle from the lot with as low mileage as you possibly can. Even at 200 miles on the odo, that can either be a lot of test-drives, or can be a "dealer trade," which would have been road-transitioned from its dealership of origin to its current location - again without guaranty on how it was driven.

Pricing will be determined in-part by where exactly you're located. A scorching deal in one area of the country may well be a piss-poor one in another area.

Best of luck on your purchase! ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

Archived