LegacyGT.com

Seats.....Let's talk..

Ok, so yeah I know I'm new to this forum, and I love my LGT more than any car I've had.......

Buuuuut......

These seats are breakin my heart. :spin:

I mean, suspension fixes are a given. I'll probably drop it an inch, and fool around with damping options blah....blah....blah..

But these seats though......What were they thinking??? They remind me of the seats from the yellow bus I used to take to school!:redface:

Anyone know of any good replacement options? Are there options that still have power movement? Are they too expensive to even consider?

I feel like with the right suspension changes, and some decent front seats, this care could be the best performance sedan EVER!!

Any thoughts?

From what I understand, the biggest problem is the seat airbags. Someone did a recaro seat with an airbag, but it is not easy. Hope that helps. I am sure others will have more info.

In the past I have had the bolsters in seats overstuffed at an upholsterer. That may be an option.

From what I understand, the biggest problem is the seat airbags. Someone did a recaro seat with an airbag, but it is not cheap. Hope that helps. I am sure others will have more info.

In the past I have had the bolsters in seats overstuffed at an upholsterer. That may be an option.

FTFY! I think your best bet would be the brz seats or wrx seats from a newer ride and modify the seat brackets to fit the LGT...or shell out the big bucks for the recaro setup. Or you could really blaze a trail and go find an upholstery shop that can do something useful with the seats in the legacy. Because I feel you on the seats very reminiscent of the seats in my parents 79 chevy caprice wagon...well not quite that bad lol.

I've thought about giving this a shot, stuffing the stock bolsters:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stuffing-drivers-seat-bolsters-231037.html?t=231037

I did this but use flexible pvc hose (think beer bong) and it worked really well. At first they were too long and dug into my thighs so i had to shorten them a bit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The seats would have to fit on our rails because they are not direct bolt in, and short of practically stripping the interiors of both my car and my wife's to find out, I am going to guess no. The wife is going on vacation with her daughter this summer for a week, maybe I should take that week off and figure it out.

Archived