LegacyGT.com

Winter tune

Legacy_Guy

Hey guys.

I've done some mods to the car and have a few more to add on. I was wonder if there are any pros/cons to getting tuned in winter. Right now our average temps are around the -20*C mark but will be warming up to -5* in the next week or so. Should I just wait till the spring/summer time or will getting a tune now be ok?

Hey guys.

I've done some mods to the car and have a few more to add on. I was wonder if there are any pros/cons to getting tuned in winter. Right now our average temps are around the -20*C mark but will be warming up to -5* in the next week or so. Should I just wait till the spring/summer time or will getting a tune now be ok?

Regardless of winter or spring , when you have done mods you should get tuned for them. Is it a etune or dynotune?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

On the one hand the customers love to tune in the winter as the numbers are better. OTOH, a tune that's safe when done in summer has more safety margin in it when winter rolls around.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Regardless of winter or spring , when you have done mods you should get tuned for them. Is it a etune or dynotune?

Right now it's just an AVO inlet and Grimmspeed xpipe that I've added, have some other power adders that are staring me in the face on a daily basis that are begging to get installed tho lol. I've done some datalogging and everything looks fine. It would be an etune as the closest dyno is 8 hours away and would cost a small fortune thanks to the exchange rate.

On the one hand the customers love to tune in the winter as the numbers are better. OTOH, a tune that's safe when done in summer has more safety margin in it when winter rolls around.

I hear that, the car feels some much more lively right now.

Typically you need to tune for an intake. Do you have a WBO2 to confirm your AFR under load?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Good. Your tuner will need that to scale the intake, something that needs doing ASAP. What is your AFR now at full load?

Oh I see. Lot of difference in those two names! No an inlet pipe will not need tuning for.

To get a real proper tune with minimum guess work, you want it to be tuned in the winter and the summer. Specifically you tune timing on a hot detonation prone day, and you tune AFR on a cold oxygen dense day.

You also have the IAT based compensation tables, optimally you would want these tuned at every temperature listed in the table, but that's unrealistic :lol:, this is where the guess work from the tuner comes into play.

The most important one to have properly winter tuned is the Wastegate Duty Cycle Tables, your car will overboost as it gets colder and underboost as it gets warmer. Underboosting is much safer then overboosting, thus getting it tuned in winter is actually better for more precise PSI's.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived