LegacyGT.com

Member profile - AwdSon

If I may add, if your quest is for all out power you may lose some comfort and driveability. This is why I mentioned a custom tune over a dyno tune, nothing wrong with that if you really want the numbers just something to be aware of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If I may add, if your quest is for all out power you may lose some comfort and driveability. This is why I mentioned a custom tune over a dyno tune, nothing wrong with that if you really want the numbers just something to be aware of.

I don't really want a race car, just a little more power but most of all reliability. Wouldn't a Dyno tune be considered custom, I am not sure what you mean by "custom tune".

If any body can help me with a couple things I would be greatly appreciated, or ad some links.

1. Maintenance schedules. about to hit 60k

2. Recommended oil and oil filter, I have always used Rotella T6 in my other subys.

2B. How much oil?

3. Green coolant recommended like my others?

4. Do I need to dyno tune with Turbo back, or is the Accessport safe enough?

Gracias.

I had my 60k service completed late last year.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5243030

Just under $700 from a respectable shop in my area. I listed a pdf of the worm completed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't really want a race car, just a little more power but most of all reliability. Wouldn't a Dyno tune be considered custom, I am not sure what you mean by "custom tune".

Dyno tune is the best, next up is an E-tune that some tuners will do via emailing data logs, then off-the-shelf COBB maps are tuned on the conservative side, leaving a bit on the table.

Dyno tune is the best, next up is an E-tune that some tuners will do via emailing data logs, then off-the-shelf COBB maps are tuned on the conservative side, leaving a bit on the table.

Wouldn't an E-Tune and, and an off the shelf Cobb map be considered the same thing?

A custom tune can be a street tune, basically a tuner rides along and makes adjustments on the fly to the map. Personally from a driveability standpoint I would put that above a dynotune. Dyno room is an artificial environment with forced cooling and no traffic, sudden stops...

An etune is a custom tune that requires you to log data for the tuner and they make adjustments based on the data until you are both satisfied with the tune.

The cobb map is a generic one size fits all tune, so there are definitely improvements that can be made to it. The main thing with the cobb map is your boost is kind of instant, when I did the stage 1 I had to readjust my seating position so I didn't get thrown back away from the wheel if I take off hard in 1st.

A custom tune can be a street tune, basically a tuner rides along and makes adjustments on the fly to the map. Personally from a driveability standpoint I would put that above a dynotune. Dyno room is an artificial environment with forced cooling and no traffic, sudden stops...

Dyno tuning is much better because it's in a controlled environment. You won't find a street turner who is going to tune the top of 4th or 5th gear on the street.

Wouldn't an E-Tune and, and an off the shelf Cobb map be considered the same thing?

No, the E-tune will be more specific to your car as the tuner uses your data logs and customizes the tune for you. OTS maps are usually fine, but there's more power there for the taking. It's on my list of things to do, after my zillion other things. As mentioned above, a dyno tune is the best option while also being the most expensive.

Dyno tuning is much better because it's in a controlled environment. You won't find a street turner who is going to tune the top of 4th or 5th gear on the street.

I would bet it wouldn't be too hard to find a tuner willing to do it. What are they risking besides their life. Most dynos won't run much over 100 mph I have heard 120 max for safety. How are you tuning the top of 5th if the max dyno speed is reached at top of 4th?

I know of a lot of great tuners in Southern California, Yimi, 5150, Church, Cobb etc.. Does any one know who is good with the Legacy.

The reason why I ask is because all though the Legacy platform is almost Identical to the STI/WRX there are some differences from what I have researched, Also not to many of these cars are being tuned opposed to its STI counter parts, so is there any recommendations of a good tuner?

Actually our platform is pretty unique, unfortunately. The new wrx is close, but is a 2.0L DIT engine as opposed to our 2.5l port injection. And the STI shares very little with our cars especially where tuning would be concerned. Yes sir our cars are unique sometimes to the point of frustration lol.

Personally, I would trust any one of the forum vendors, they have tuned many of the 5th gens on here, and I would be surprised if there wasn't one in your area or at least close enough to take a short trip to. You might check out the vendor section and regional sections and see what you find.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived