LegacyGT.com

Our cars part out value?

hi guys, i bought a 2005 lgt wagon, 5 speed, limited

i bought it on ebay, guy said it was a daily driver, its not. its not drivable

im gonna get the shaft, i can smell it coming.

ive been parting out older subarus for decades, but never a bp/bl chassis

what can i expect as far as total sales roughly? body is mint, interior is 10/10 for sure

engine runs

i always sell a little low, i like repeat customers, so on

im just going to part it if ebay doesnt make it right

thanks for the input

How did the turbo fail? If it sent any metal into the oil there's a pretty good chance the turbo took the short block with it, you may just not see it yet.

I'd fight like crazy to get a refund. Even with a full part out you're going to be in the red, unless you only paid like 4k for the car to begin with, and even then it would only be a wash and a huge waste of your time.

i paid 4200 for it, no turno explosion, just enough boost leaks and turbo damage to prevent spool. it will spool randomly but not consistently. pulls really hard when it wakes its ass up.

other that that- wheel bearings bad in rear, tranny lost reverse, tires are crappy- so on. im just pissed and have no interest in fixing the car. going to buy one from a pretty cool dude on here

Buy the good one from the cool dude and then slowly do the repair work on the one you have, searching for the used parts necessary and you'll be able to come out ahead on it if the body is, in fact, mint as you say.

If you have been parting out a lot of older Subarus, then you know how you can save a lot of money on searching and taking your time. Do a little disassembly work on the engine-drop the pan, check it for junk, remove the turbo, see what's there, and you just MIGHT come out ahead on that. You didn't mention whether it was a 5MT or 5EAT but you can find either in the FS threads on a fairly regular basis for decent prices. There are a lot of other Subaru forums out there too.

It sounds like you're disgusted and you have every right to be. But it also sounds like you're capable of bringing it back and with a bit of work, you could bring it back and then you might turn the car you buy from the cool dude after a while and keep the one you have now.

I'm just saying what I would do if I owned it and obviously you can do what you want. It's a shame to see a nice base car with good body and interior get parted out because there are just not that many left in the shape you say this is in.

Good luck.

yeah i get that. 5 years ago i would have already been done doing exactly that. but im sort of really physically messed up right now, probably will be for life. at this point i want to enjoy a car- not fix a train wreck.

i would rather help out many enthusiasts by aiding in their rebuilds or repairs, and re coop some of my loss.

and its a 5mt. everything on the body is perfect except the rear quarters. but the rest is perfectly sell-able. ill pull the trigger on this after thinking for a week or so

i may need a few tidbits for the car im looking at or the three other wagons in my family

thanks for the input guys

yeah i get that. 5 years ago i would have already been done doing exactly that. but im sort of really physically messed up right now, probably will be for life. at this point i want to enjoy a car- not fix a train wreck.

i would rather help out many enthusiasts by aiding in their rebuilds or repairs, and re coop some of my loss.

and its a 5mt. everything on the body is perfect except the rear quarters. but the rest is perfectly sell-able. ill pull the trigger on this after thinking for a week or so

i may need a few tidbits for the car im looking at or the three other wagons in my family

thanks for the input guys

Sorry for your physical dilemma. Hope and pray for you that it's not for the rest of your life and that you get better soon.

I say fix her if and when you are ready and able. And if it's not a terrible site in the engine from the turbo dumping bearing material in the oil, jmp is the one to be in touch with for a quick and very reasonably priced replacement.

I'm also going through a second cervical disc surgery in the last month now. And taking it easy is for sure an understatement.

I say fix her if and when you are ready and able. And if it's not a terrible site in the engine from the turbo dumping bearing material in the oil, jmp is the one to be in touch with for a quick and very reasonably priced replacement.

I'm also going through a second cervical disc surgery in the last month now. And taking it easy is for sure an understatement.

no fun buddy, ive already gone under the knife twice. im paying for the sins of a younger man today thats for sure. been off work since november 15, im going insane not working.

Archived