LegacyGT.com

Mileage when picked up new car

klaus

Hi, guys,

I'm about to get a new car, but I am wodering what kind of mileage did your cars show when you picked them up (i.e. I don't really want a car that was used as a "short demo" for a couple of month). What would be considered OK when I take it over from the dealer?

Thanks,

Klaus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine had about 250 miles on it, but I had it brought to my dealer from another dealer in state. I'm sure whoever drove it had a good time with it, but I'm not too concerned.

It's never seemed any worse for wear.

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Mine had about 250 miles on it, but I had it brought to my dealer from another dealer in state. I'm sure whoever drove it had a good time with it, but I'm not too concerned.

It's never seemed any worse for wear.

i checked the average MPG on the display of all the legacies I test drove, none of them were abve 10 --

so yeah, whoever is doing this test drives is definetily having a good time.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine had negative 7. Apparently, they drove it off the assembly line backwards. I didn't think that would work, but I talked to Cameron and he said not only does it not work, but you can damage your fathers' Ferrari trying it.

20 miles on mine. Personally I wouldn't buy a new car that had over 100 miles on it, unless it was a specific model that had to be driven to the dealership from somewhere else.

If I'm going to buy a "new" car, then it better be "new". :p

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Mine had negative 7. Apparently, they drove it off the assembly line backwards. I didn't think that would work, but I talked to Cameron and he said not only does it not work, but you can damage your fathers' Ferrari trying it.

LOL.... am I the only one who got this reference? One of the greatest movies of all time. ^__^

My car had about 45 miles on it when i picked it up.

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

some people are pickier than others...While i wouldn't want a car that has been used as a demo, i am not going to sweat anything under 75-80. Mine had about 60 when i got it. Although 40 or so were from being driven from another dealer to me.

Low mpg reads at the begining of the engine's life doesn't necessarily mean that it was ran hard. Quite a few people on here have seen real bad mileage until the engine has broken in some. Personally when i test drove the car it was a demo with about 4k on it...the salesman's exact words were "don't be worried, downshift and get right on it!"

Mine had a few miles on it, but that is because I sniped it from a dealership in another county and had them transport it to mine so I could save a point in the sales tax. ;) It still had less than 100 miles on it and that is fine. It was 'new enough'. Just make sure you check the car for any damage if you notice it has few miles on it. Rock chips, door dings, scratches, scuffs, anything. Be picky like you would be picky if you were dropping nearly thirty grand on it and you expect it to be perfect. Anything you notice after you drive it off the lot is on your tab, so get them to fess up to any damage before you take the keys.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Mine had 85 miles and it had been sitting in the lot for a year. It was in perfect condition, well except for a defect in the windshield, but it was beautiful when it was delivered. It smelled new, and it still does!

X

---

LOL.... am I the only one who got this reference? One of the greatest movies of all time. ^__^

My car had about 45 miles on it when i picked it up.

What did i do??

You killed the car.

Anyway mine had 38 miles at delivery

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived