LegacyGT.com

Other uses for heated seat controls?

pedzola

I am NEVER going to use these heated (cloth) seats.

Has anyone disconnected the center controls for the seat heaters in favor of using them for something more interesting/creative?

Could they be used as a dimmer for lighting? A switch to turn on or off gadgets? Something else? Any ideas?

Would disconnecting the controls from the heaters cause any error codes, or other kinds of malfunctions?

I would be very interested in doing this type of mod, provided it isn't TOO difficult. If anyone has ideas or experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! ;)

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

the best is when I blast the heat and turn on the heated seats, roll down the windows and cruise through the cold night in the backroads.. it's a great feeling since you get all that fresh air.

You can try to disconnect it. I am sure you can use it for your dimmer switch for interior neons :p

Keefe

Hell, they're nice on a cold night here in sunny SoCal. I can't imagine not having them in a truly cold climate. Now the windshield wiper de-icer....there's something I'll probably never use.

Windshield wiper de-icer is like a dream come true. You've obviously never had to deal w/your wipers being frozen solid to the windshield.

And then you try to pull or scrape them off and the rupper rips off the wiper and you are left trying to get somewhere in a snowstorm with half functioning wipers...

The seat heaters - completely useless... for me. I am extremely sensitive to heat. A slight rise in temperature will leave me sweating uncontrollably. I prefer to be cold.

This is my shark.

Windshield wiper de-icer is like a dream come true. You've obviously never had to deal w/your wipers being frozen solid to the windshield.

And then you try to pull or scrape them off and the rupper rips off the wiper and you are left trying to get somewhere in a snowstorm with half functioning wipers...

Well, it doesn't snow or get all that cold in SoCal;):cool:

Ok so what do we have for ideas?

- lighting dimmer

- shift knob refrigeration control

- subwoofer volume

- siren volume

- strobe light frequency

lol Anything else? How difficult is it to actually get to the wires connected to those controllers?

This is my shark.

You could just take them out and get the cubby that the 2.5i without the heated seats has in it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/Legacy%20nonGT/DSC01815.jpg

Honestly if I didn't have a use for them then I would rather just get them out of the way and put a cubby there for spare change or something. Sell the controls with the heated seats to some 2.5i driver who wants them.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I do believe the 2.5i and GT seats are different in shape.

the 2.5i loaner car i drove had identical seats to my legacy. Same shape, same controls..

I think it's been discusses before that the 2.5i actually has the heating element in the seats, they're just not wired up. (the part numbers for the two seats match up - so it would make sense)

the best is when I blast the heat and turn on the heated seats, roll down the windows and cruise through the cold night in the backroads.. it's a great feeling since you get all that fresh air.

i do that sometimes.

This Space For Rent

Ok so what do we have for ideas?

- lighting dimmer

- shift knob refrigeration control

- subwoofer volume

- siren volume

- strobe light frequency

lol Anything else? How difficult is it to actually get to the wires connected to those controllers?

-Hydraulics controls.

-"Limo" shield up/down control.

-Cup holder heater? mmm.. toasty cupholders.

-Put a keypad right there and put a digital marquee in the rear window to write obscene messages to cell phone drivers.

I'm spent.

-Hydraulics controls.

-"Limo" shield up/down control.

-Cup holder heater? mmm.. toasty cupholders.

-Put a keypad right there and put a digital marquee in the rear window to write obscene messages to cell phone drivers.

I'm spent.

lol some good ideas there... I like the "up/down control" idea. But i dunno about havin one of those limo shields in my car... lol What else could I make go up and down in there? -__^ Any way to automate the sliding cupholder cover? heh =P

This is my shark.

the 2.5i loaner car i drove had identical seats to my legacy. Same shape, same controls..

I think it's been discusses before that the 2.5i actually has the heating element in the seats, they're just not wired up. (the part numbers for the two seats match up - so it would make sense)

Get that Mazda out of your avatar:p

Archived