LegacyGT.com

LGt, do I want 'Si drive'?

Yeah, Im leaning more towards the older Leg Gt so I can use the Hexmods valvebody and just be happy with crisper shifts in "D", "sport mode" and "manual shift" instead of the newer Lgt with Si drive.

Yea if you aren't planning on shifting any gears it doesn't really matter if you have si drive or not... auto is auto. Best of luck with your purchase!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

• 2 years later...
I loved the SI Drive in my 09 OBXT but being an auto and limited to stage 2 was a HUGE downer.

I also have an 05 5EAT and LOVE the hexmods valve body.

I say if you are even thinking that you may some day go above stage 2 just get a non SI Drive model and keep your foot out of it. If you dont already have it you dont know what your missing anyways right?

:eek: Huh? Cars with SI drive are limited to Stage 2? That can't be right... What am I missing here... :confused:

:eek: Huh? Cars with SI drive are limited to Stage 2? That can't be right... What am I missing here... :confused:

1. 2yr old thread. :lol:

2. I believe they are referring to the 5eat cars with SI drive. Since there is no valve body upgrade for those cars it is often recommended not to exceed stage 2 power levels.

It sounded like a 4EAT thing but I wasn't sure. I've never heard of valve body upgrades or hexmods.

I know it's an old thread but this is what happens when I'm trying to research one thing and end up swimming through old threads when something else piques my interest. It's like when I try to look one thing up, I find out that there's ten other things that I'm totally clueless about haha.

It sounded like a 4EAT thing but I wasn't sure. I've never heard of valve body upgrades or hexmods.

I know it's an old thread but this is what happens when I'm trying to research one thing and end up swimming through old threads when something else piques my interest. It's like when I try to look one thing up, I find out that there's ten other things that I'm totally clueless about haha.

No one has found a reliable way to mod the SI drive models yet since the trans is designed differently.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Archived