LegacyGT.com

FredBeansParts is gone, where to get Tokyo Roki filters?

^^^What magnet is that on the filter and where did you get it?

Ordered some TR filters on Amazon. Amazon actually stocks them so prime eligible.

Don't buy TR filters from Amazon, way over priced bro. I found a Mazda site that sells for 6 something each. I was going to call and see if they will do a pack. I'll post that link when I'm home. The magnet I'm using is filtermag ss250pr, I got it from summit racing with a cabin filter for free expedited shipping, took 2 days. It may seem kinda expensive, but I calculated buying 8-9 high temp rare earth magnets with similar magnetic force and it cost about the same, so this is the better option. It's proven to work on BITOG too.

I assume that the magnet is to keep any metal shavings/filings that make it into the filter in the filter?

Yeah, everything except aluminum. The smaller metal particles usually cause the most damage over time. Also when you change oil, it's a good practice to let it drain overnight and finish up in the morning so you get all the dirty oil out.

• 5 months later...

So, Has anyone figured out the best place to get these filters now? Any options other than going to the local Mazda dealer?

I just figured out that Fred Beans was no longer an option after I used my last filter from a 6-pack order and went to order a new 6-pack. The link above to Arlington Mazda is also dead.

Arlington Rosenthal Mazda killed their online parts too. The reality is with parts like the oil filter by the time you factor in shipping and handling you can basically go to the local dealer and pay basically the same price.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Arlington Rosenthal Mazda killed their online parts too. The reality is with parts like the oil filter by the time you factor in shipping and handling you can basically go to the local dealer and pay basically the same price.

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.PartInfo&PartNumber=N3R114302&VehicleID=315175&diagram=None&Title%3D-RX-8-OIL-FILTER

• 3 weeks later...

Archived