LegacyGT.com

This Friday 9/30 Englishtown Raceway Meet and Track Night!

Mblock66

To anyone interested there are a whole bunch of us going to Englishtown Raceway in NJ this Friday night for test and tune night.

The weather for that day/night thus far looks like high of 69 and a low of 48! So I would assume that during the 6-10 racing hours that it will be somewhere in the low 60's and high 50's. Should be good weather for some better numbers then last time.

I think the lineup includes:

Mblock66 - Stage II 5eat

Chrussier - Stage II MT w/ Sti swap

Edmundu - Stage II MT

mmm def - Stage II MT (might not race)

Jesster CPA - stock 5eat

and a few others! It was a great time last time! so come one come all!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA

Yep I'm in. Per the previous thread, just let me know when/where to meet up, or if we are just going to meet down at the track. Not too familiar with that area.

Thanks.

Jesse

Guest JessterCPA
Well last time the "local" guys met down on Rt 22 east right before the 287 south split. There is a Ford/Chrysler dealer there that we all pulled into.

Would that work for you?

Probably. I can hop on 287 at the 23 junction and go down from there. What time do you plan on meeting up?

Guest JessterCPA
Jesse what time do you get out of work? I'm in Bernardsville/Basking Ridge, right on your way to 22.

Technically I dont get out until 530. But I can see what I can do. If thats getting too late for the caravan, I'll just meet you all down there. Dave, I'll call you on your cell when we get closer.

Jesse

Some that is going to race I want to ask a big favor of them....

Last time I was at the track I had lets just say less then optimal time to stage my 5eat. Would one of you be willing to race against me and let me stage properly for one good flawless run?

I don't want to be rushed at staging and as I know you can take as long as you want and you will still get a good ET, I want to try to make it a 'race' too.

I guess I can ask this when we get there.

Some that is going to race I want to ask a big favor of them....

Last time I was at the track I had lets just say less then optimal time to stage my 5eat. Would one of you be willing to race against me and let me stage properly for one good flawless run?

I don't want to be rushed at staging and as I know you can take as long as you want and you will still get a good ET, I want to try to make it a 'race' too.

I guess I can ask this when we get there.

I'll do it Matt! But like I was tellin' you the the last time, what you want to do is pull up til you put out the Pre-stage light. Then wait for the other guy to stage, then you start brake torquing the car til you are ready, then bump the car forward til you put out the Staged bulb!

Voila, you have manipulated the christmas tree in your favor! It still helps to have someone in the other lane cooperate. I can be that someone!

Guest JessterCPA
I'll do it Matt! But like I was tellin' you the the last time, what you want to do is pull up til you put out the Pre-stage light. Then wait for the other guy to stage, then you start brake torquing the car til you are ready, then bump the car forward til you put out the Staged bulb!

Voila, you have manipulated the christmas tree in your favor! It still helps to have someone in the other lane cooperate. I can be that someone!

I am missing something here. How does this manipulate the light in your favor? Looks to me by this you would be red-lighting. Help???

Well you can't really red light on a test and tune night anyway. What he is saying is that you initial stage and start gearing up there then when the other guy stages you fully stage and the tree will start but since you are already in TQ break upon the initial bulb you shouldn't have a problem getting the RPMS up

I am just afraid of trying to "bump" the car forward to full stage at 3700 RPM hahha. I think I might wind up blowing pas the whole gate.

Screw you pal!!!! I am stage II just like you now. No reason to take it easy on me. You have a much reduced weight car and a totally different setup that I know will be faster then me.

I don't care if you or anyone is faster for that matter. I just honestly want a good chance to stage properly once and see what the car can do.

Maybe you guys with the sticks will line up with me all night and just let me stage since you can rev up the RPMS WAY WAY faster then a power break can.

That would be awesome for me!!!

I am really hoping ot run great that night. I am going to try to waste some gas in the next 2 days to get it lighter.

My hopes are for a 13.69 or better.......

Think that is possible? Considering that many of the stage II MT's are pushing 13.2

I think so. I honestly think(i know people will disagree with me here) that a a catless Stage II setup on a MT car with a good drive on a night like this friday will pull 12.9. I ran a 13.3 on a 97 degree summer day for crying out loud! I'm curious to see how it runs!

We should meet up at 4:30ish then to miss the traffic. We'll actually still hit traffic, but we'll get there earlier.

Guest JessterCPA
We should meet up at 4:30ish then to miss the traffic. We'll actually still hit traffic, but we'll get there earlier.

I'll meet up with you guys at the track then. No chance I'll get anywhere by 430. New job & all. Cant ask to get out early just yet.

I don't disagree with you at all actually. I still think that the stock turbo can get to 12.9 in this car. There was a stage 1 car that ran a 13.3 a few weeks ago. At stage II on a cold night that thing should easily be inthe 12's.

I am not sure if there are any confirmed 5eats in the 13's yet but I am hoping to be after this friday.

I am going to lose as much weight as I can for the event.

Spare is coming out

All weather mats out

low fuel

higher tire pressure

and a little luck!!!

Dam dam dam, I was hoping to wait till I get the TMIC and intake with Protune (within the next week). I guess I could go with my current stage-2 setup........ This car laid down some good dyno numbers last weekend as is (246hp-272trq). Any of you guys be down for the following Fri??

Archived