LegacyGT.com

Factory gauges that fit in the cubby.. new for 06

Chris112

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SubaruParts.com has them for $738.19, retail, $775.00. But I'm darn sure not paying $90.00 for shipping.

Would like to know more about these before I make a decision. Clear install instructions, ease of install, alarms, peak readings, able to dim/brighten, quality of the fit and finish, and pics, would be helpful.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

the fit and finish are equal to the interior (take it however you want). Installation was simple but time consuming.. Running the wires through the firewall and such.

Again as far as I know today there are no alarms.

It does dim with the dimmer control. Its powered through the radio so dims with that.

SubaruParts.com has them for $738.19, retail, $775.00. But I'm darn sure not paying $90.00 for shipping.

Would like to know more about these before I make a decision. Clear install instructions, ease of install, alarms, peak readings, able to dim/brighten, quality of the fit and finish, and pics, would be helpful.

SBT

try 1st Subaru Parts

they've always seemed to have stuff cheaper.

I don't see them at subaruparts.com you gotta link?

Click on my initial post link SubaruParts.com and you'll be good to go. Otherwise, just use http://www.subaruparts.com/cart/?pn=+H5010AG000&submit.x=12&submit.y=3 and it should take you right to them.

I did check 1stSubaruParts.com first and they didn't list the guage kit by any part number that I could get to work. They are usually cheaper than most others so I always start with them first.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Click on my initial post link SubaruParts.com and you'll be good to go. Otherwise, just use http://www.subaruparts.com/cart/?pn=+H5010AG000&submit.x=12&submit.y=3 and it should take you right to them.

I did check 1stSubaruParts.com first and they didn't list the guage kit by any part number that I could get to work. They are usually cheaper than most others so I always start with them first.

SBT

That is till alot of cash. Does anyone have a pciture of them.

those are the exact same gauges that have been available in japan for over a year. It took that long to get here when all they did was switch positions of the outside two gauges and the STi emblem. Couldn't they have switched the boost from bar to psi in a year?

How do the gauges connect? TO the ECU or do you have to run a boost line, put a sensor in the oil? I really don;t know how the gauges get their readings.

That said I will probably be spending the $ for these, I love a good clean OEM look. don't want a gauge sitting on top of the dash.

What am I missing here? I build vacuum & pressure systems for a living, and we buy gauges in bulk for both at around $5-10 each. Really nice 2" panel mounts with dual scales & custom logo backgrounds don't go for much more than $30. I'll admit none of ours are backlit, but $750 for three gauges?!?! Wha!?
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

you have to put a T line in a vacume line for the boost.. as far as oil pressure and temp, there is an adaptor where the oil filter goes that you put in and run two lines from there.. nothing goes through the ecu.. Just uses the radio for power/dim etc..

Chris112,

did you get pics yet? also, how did the DIN adapter fit around the gauge setup itself? The one you can get from AVO needs adjustment if you want to use it with an aftermarket stereo. I was wondering if SOA changed that.

Archived