LegacyGT.com

Asshole parkers

BoFoSho

Anybody deal with someone like this? A guy at work is crossing the line, literally. I don't know his name, but I will call him Tyrone. When I get to work early and have my choice of any spot, I normally park on the very of the row end and park all the way over in the spot, leaving plenty of room on the other side. 9 times out of 10 I get that spot, Tyrone parks his Impala over the line, well into my spot. Today I was walking into work when he arrived. He saw me (and gave a head nod/wave, to which I replied with a very subtle head nod/blank stare). He must have figured he should park within his own spot, for once, since I was standing right there. I walked around the corner of the parking garage and stopped to talk to a co-worker. While waiting for him to grab his things, I looked over and Tyrone decided to re position his car, a good foot over the line! Seriously dude?! I'm borderline ready to say something or leave a note. Or drive the old truck and make him wish he didn't park over the line. But I'm pretty sure that would start a war. I'm not the type to retaliate or confront a stranger, so typically I'd say screw it and park somewhere else and move on with my life or continue to park there knowing he will continue to park like an asshole...but this guy is seriously pushing the envelope. What would you do?

hahaha!

A 1" long 1/4" lag bolt, turned upside down, just over the line about 1-2' from the curb or parking block. Just remember to pick it up every day before you leave if it doesn't get embedded in his tire.

Not really suggesting this. ;)

• Moderators

Is he parking close to you and getting out on the side away from your car? Does he care about his car also and he's parking close because you seem to care also?

Has he smacked his door into yours?

Maybe just talk to the guy. Ask him why he's parking so close and explain that you hate parking lot dings and are doing what you can to prevent them. I bet he says the same thing and he just figures you're least likely to eff up his car.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Fight fire with fire. Park in your same end spot, but cross over the line into the spot he's using to take up the second spot. Hopefully you'll only need to do it once or twice.

One day I parked closer to his line and noticed he stayed in his spot that day. He tends to stay just less than a door width away. My door can reach his car if I open that side typically. Trying to be the bigger person here. Two wrongs don't make a right...but it sure can feel good! :lol:

hahaha!

A 1" long 1/4" lag bolt, turned upside down, just over the line about 1-2' from the curb or parking block. Just remember to pick it up every day before you leave if it doesn't get embedded in his tire.

Not really suggesting this. ;)

I'd be lying if I said this didn't already cross my mind. And those fancy tires he has on dem' 22's can't be cheap either. Maybe an ice ball in the exhaust this winter. How mean!:lol:

Is he parking close to you and getting out on the side away from your car? Does he care about his car also and he's parking close because you seem to care also?

Has he smacked his door into yours?

Maybe just talk to the guy. Ask him why he's parking so close and explain that you hate parking lot dings and are doing what you can to prevent them. I bet he says the same thing and he just figures you're least likely to eff up his car.

He gets out on the side next to my car. We both back in. It's obvious he really cares about his car, it's a very nice car, always spotless. Pretty sure his car payment is more than his rent. Who said that?? I do have 2 door dings on that side that appeared within the time he started doing this (year or so...yes, that long). I'm not saying they are from him, not sure. It's hard to tell when its wet or when the car is dirty. I usually glance when getting in my car after work, but never notice the new dings until detail day. Other people have parked in the end spot and he does the same thing to them. Maybe his mommy told him he is special and he can have whatever he wants. He is just trying to protect his own car. He doesn't care about anybody else's. I'm pretty sure the entire building hates him.

Measure up from the ground to the dings in your doors. Then measure up to any body creases or protrusions on his door. Then you'll know for sure.

Good idea

Someone needs counseling, and for once it isn't me.

Isn't that what this forum is for? hahaha

Either that or a new job

Maybe an ice ball in the exhaust this winter. How mean!:lol:
c'mon man - you have to commit to messing with him - what's this "ice ball" - surely that isn't as effective as a can of expanding foam...;)

on a more serious note - do you have any parking enforcement there? rat him out.

Usually I park in the end spots too. I get the passenger side real close to the curb so I have tons of space on the drivers side.

Get your co-worker to park in Tyrones spot before Tyrone gets there.

Park in your normal parking spot with your front end in and have your drivers side real close to the line.

Park diagonally inside the parking space |\| or |/|. You get to protect your car from door dings and he won't cross the line because either your ass or your nose is close to it.

Do like BMB suggested, talk to the guy and tell him that you don't want to get door dinged or ding his door when he parks over the line.

what he is doing is just being a douche. but if you do anything physical, that's a crime. why not just park somewhere else ? as to the double spot parking, just make sure its not a vehicle used by a disabled person. at least in calif, that is legal.

Anybody deal with someone like this? A guy at work is crossing the line, literally. I don't know his name, but I will call him Tyrone. When I get to work early and have my choice of any spot, I normally park on the very of the row end and park all the way over in the spot, leaving plenty of room on the other side. 9 times out of 10 I get that spot, Tyrone parks his Impala over the line, well into my spot. Today I was walking into work when he arrived. He saw me (and gave a head nod/wave, to which I replied with a very subtle head nod/blank stare). He must have figured he should park within his own spot, for once, since I was standing right there. I walked around the corner of the parking garage and stopped to talk to a co-worker. While waiting for him to grab his things, I looked over and Tyrone decided to re position his car, a good foot over the line! Seriously dude?! I'm borderline ready to say something or leave a note. Or drive the old truck and make him wish he didn't park over the line. But I'm pretty sure that would start a war. I'm not the type to retaliate or confront a stranger, so typically I'd say screw it and park somewhere else and move on with my life or continue to park there knowing he will continue to park like an asshole...but this guy is seriously pushing the envelope. What would you do?

He's protecting your car :confused: he's not gonna ding your door and you're not gonna ding his.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Call your city parking enforcement and see they could ticket him for double parking. If the parking lot is on private property, then you may need to get approval from the owner of the property.
My wife's balls are delicious.

if youre all the way to the curb and theres enough room for him to spread out and still not be really close to you, hes just utilizing the extra room to get a bit of distance from the person that will park next to him. why have 16" on one side and 4 feet on the other when you can balance that out a bit? give him a break, hes probably trying to minimize the dent factor on the other side of his car, and you have plenty of room on the common side.

If he was parking along the line, that would be one thing, but it was previously established he was parking OVER the line. That is parking space encroachment, and subject to penalty.

This isn't Vietnam.

If he was parking along the line, that would be one thing, but it was previously established he was parking OVER the line. That is parking space encroachment, and subject to penalty.

This isn't Vietnam.

yup. and if even OVER the line he is far enough away to not ding your vehicle, his other side is away from the other line, helping him not get dings there either. just because you parked inside a couple lines doesnt make it defensible. it also doesnt mean you cant be civil and share the space, regardless of the fact that a retard painted them without a measuring tape handy.

Last time I dinged someone else's door I was probably not even a teenager, I don't understand why people find it so complicated to not hit the car next to you when opening the car door. I had all my dings fixed last summer. I moved to the DMV area in January and right now my car has more door dings than I've had in the past 4 years of owning it. One is a major dent.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived