LegacyGT.com

Asshole parkers

BoFoSho

ya, having enough room to open to the first stop on the hinge isnt too hard to figure out, and im a fat guy. i dont see your angst as valid in this one. theres no (valid) reason to require enough space for your parking neighbor to be able to swing his door wide open. if you want to ensure you have no dings, park in no mans land and hoof it into the office. cant have it both ways, close and safe. close and relatively safe are good enough for me.

what kind of toe can you get me? big toe? pinky?

ya, having enough room to open to the first stop on the hinge isnt too hard to figure out, and im a fat guy. i dont see your angst as valid in this one. theres no (valid) reason to require enough space for your parking neighbor to be able to swing his door wide open. if you want to ensure you have no dings, park in no mans land and hoof it into the office. cant have it both ways, close and safe. close and relatively safe are good enough for me.

I disagree...just because it's not close enough to hit on the first hinge doesn't mean the wind won't blow it all the way open. It's just not right. Either get there sooner or find a new spot. Don't park over the line of someone else's spot. Period. This spot is in the very back of the parking lot.

There's always the "who cares" and "its not a big deal" comments when its something annoying vs illegal. Sounds like you took the right path by calling management. its the principle of the thing. Have some respect and just park in your spot, end of discussion.

This coming from someone who parks over the line every day but only because there is no actual spot on the other side, Im actually giving the other guy more room for himself. (forum profile pic)

But putting those wide white nails on the line sounds like a great idea...

Clearly you've never been to the DMV area

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Did you guys notice btw that newer cars no longer have that plastic trim along the doors? Usually that plastic trim is the one that gets dinged first. OUr legacy/outback gen is the last one with that feature.

It's been an option on most Subarus for a long time, and still is - even for the 6th gen Legacy - it just doesn't come standard (though some dealers tend to order their cars with them in place)

Archived