LegacyGT.com

Wristpin failure? Or dealership ripping me off?

[eQUOTE=xt2005bonbon;5354736]I can hear it there as well. mmmh, I am not sure. Do you have the btssm app? Or a way to log and see if the knock sensor gets triggered with this sound? Just wondering..

I can't remember, you've inspected your timing belt tensioner right? also the small idler pulley next to the timing belt tensioner is new? old?

I would also perhaps try to disconnect if possible all accessories to rule them out (e.g. ac compressor, power steering, alternator).

That's a tough one man. In any case, the oil analysis will be very helpful to rule things out.

I'll try that to rule out other things.

Additionally i got the car back yesterday from AZP. They checked everything out. I was feeling good about the car until today the gas attendant (I live in NJ) put 89 octane in instead of 93. So now I have reminders all over my car that say"NO BOOST" and I just got some octane booster as well.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/5ea9370665e029d1b0111dc5af9eefcd.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

woo more updates:

that noise in the video went away a few hours later. but that doesnt mean its gone.

theres also no oil anymore. which obviously is a bad thing. i changed my oil 500 miles ago and now theres nothing but a tiny sliver on the dipstick

• 3 weeks later...

Short Update: my SpecB started knocking. Pretty sure it's either ring land or bearing failure. It was towed to Precision Tuning for a diagnosis and rebuild.

I'm currently awaiting their response.

How does the noise vary when you rev it?

It's been at Precision Tuning for 2 weeks. But the last time I revved it up it had that tick tick tick like mentioned in previous posts.

Once it got warm though, that sound began to come back. But all these noises would disappear at about 2200 rpm

• 1 month later...

slight update for this thread:

the car has been off the road for 2 months now.

With a few thousand dollars coming from a dealership and a couple more coming out of my pockets, the car is STILL under the knife. Im waiting for IAG Performance to ship a Stage 1 block up from Maryland where it will be transplanted into my SpecB. its been a ridiculously long waiting game with more time wasted on waiting then i ever could have imagined.

However, with all this annoyance comes a thread of hope because i know that my car is in good hands. Ive heard from countless people that Precision Tuning Motorsports is one of the best places to get this done. And when Im finished my car will have all done all the things listed below. And its well worth the wait.

MOD List:

-H&R Sport Springs

-IAG Air Oil Separator

-Heads will be machined, polished, and ported.

-IAG Staged Block

Internals:

-Manley 99.5mm Platinum Series Pistons, Ringset, Tool Steel Pins and Clips (w/ Coated Skirts and Offset Wrist Pin)

-New FHI Subaru Case Halves at 99.5mm (Stock Bore)

-New FHI Subaru Early STI (Stronger Style) Connecting Rods

-New FHI Subaru Heat Treated 2012+ STI Crankshaft

-ACL or King Rod Bearings

-ACL or King Main Bearings

-New FHI Main Case Bolts

-Rally Armor Mud Flaps

-Thule Rapid Aero bike rack

I live in the town where paul miller is and they are over priced on everything I ever bought there. Also the services guys were never nice answering my questions they were always trying to get me to have them look at it for 100$ min. Parts guy is cool though

Parts guy is cool though

i agree. he's great. i find service to be a complete washout while everything else is not so bad. my dad bought fully optioned 2015 3.6R Limited from Randy there, and we absolutely love it. best $30k deal

• 3 months later...

In case anyone is curious, my car is back after 4.5 months of work. It's got an IAG stage 1 block,AOS, pro-tune by Kevin at Precision Tuning, and a VF52. And I just ordered a nameless axleback muffler delete.

making 262whp.

Everything else is stock lol

Stock as in stock down pipe too ?

Congrates on being able to drive the car again.

Thanks! And Yeah stock Downpipe too. I would've done more supporting mods but I was so far into my savings to keep the car running that I was trying to do anything to save some cash and get the car running (without cutting corners). I didn't do anything unnecessary.

However, I just bought nameless axleback muffler delete. Because I want to be able to actually hear how good it sounds now. Nothing more.

• 1 month later...

Archived