LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy GT (MT) worth

I'm really confused.. I look at what 2005 LGT's have sold for in the past on this forum and on craigslist and they look to be around $7000-11000 depending on miles and condition. but then I look at kelly blue book at it says like $5000. What's up with that? How much are 05 LGT's actually worth?

Depends on what is done to them.

My 05 GT wagon 5mt is may be worth 12-13000 just because it has a well documented history on this forum. I have no idea what KBB say's its worth.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

right, the kbb i referenced above was for the limited (leather seats)?

I've got a 2005 LGT dark blue, black leather seats, black interior, 5 speed, sti pinks and bilsteins, all whiteline bushings underneath (tie rods and balljoints too), front and rear sway bars and kartboy endlinks, group n trans mount, etc.

It has a blown engine that i just took out, I'm debating putting a new (used) ej255 in it to sell it, but when ej255's cost about $2-3k and rolling shells sell for about $3k consistantly, is it worth putting another $2-3k into it if I'm only going to be able to sell it for $5-6k anyway? I mean, the car's in great shape and all just surprising how cheap they seem to have gotten..

right, the kbb i referenced above was for the limited (leather seats)?

I've got a 2005 LGT dark blue, black leather seats, black interior, 5 speed, sti pinks and bilsteins, all whiteline bushings underneath (tie rods and balljoints too), front and rear sway bars and kartboy endlinks, group n trans mount, etc.

It has a blown engine that i just took out, I'm debating putting a new (used) ej255 in it to sell it, but when ej255's cost about $2-3k and rolling shells sell for about $3k consistantly, is it worth putting another $2-3k into it if I'm only going to be able to sell it for $5-6k anyway? I mean, the car's in great shape and all just surprising how cheap they seem to have gotten..

Read my click here link. Put a ej257 in and drive the car for the next 3 or 4 or more years.

I have over 60,000 miles at 21psi on my ej257.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

From what I've seen, the value is largely driven by supply and demand. This is an old (by car lot standards) niche market car so finding one, much less a nice one is getting harder to do unless you live in a large metro area or are willing to travel to buy the right car.

Personally, I'd pay a premium for a 100% bone stock car over one that's modified. The big problem with modified cars is that unless you personally know the owner and how they cared for and drove the car odds are good that you're buying someone else's headache that they don't want to pump money into anymore.

I wouldn't pay more than ~$6k for one of these cars, simply because I can buy them at auction relatively easily. That's what I would roughly consider wholesale value for one of these cars to be, FMV is probably more around $8k. Maybe a little more if it is a particularly clean car.

Your new to these cars aren't you.

I would not buy one of these that wasn't modified, Any that has been on the stock MAP is do for a rebuild soon. The stock MAP will cause burnt valves or broken ringlands.

Your new to these cars aren't you.

I would not buy one of these that wasn't modified, Any that has been on the stock MAP is do for a rebuild soon. The stock MAP will cause burnt valves or broken ringlands.

Not terribly new, and I've been around cars for a long time. ;)

Aftermarket tunes can cause the same problems, plus people think they're driving hot rods. Further, I wouldn't come to any 2.0L or 2.5L car expecting big power and durability. Look at all the people in the forums replacing motors who presumably have had a tune on their car. This thread is the result of one of those incidents. The average soccer mom just driving the car probably isn't going to do a whole lot destructive to it, as long as the car is taken care of. Or I should maybe say, she'll likely do less damage to the car than many forum members with "hot rods" in the same amount of mileage. :)

These cars, at least 5MT limited's seem to continuously sell above what KBB or NADA list them as.

NADA claims these cars with 72k miles (what I bought mine with) should go for around $8500. While I was shopping around, there were only a handful (as in like six of them in total) for sale in the northeast with similar mileage. I don't think any of them were much under $10k.

Automatics are much more common, and seem to fall more in line with appropriate used car pricing.

Depending on where in the country you are, you'd also likely be dealing with the pre-winter surge in pricing on AWD vehicles.

Not terribly new, and I've been around cars for a long time. ;)

Aftermarket tunes can cause the same problems, plus people think they're driving hot rods. Further, I wouldn't come to any 2.0L or 2.5L car expecting big power and durability. Look at all the people in the forums replacing motors who presumably have had a tune on their car. This thread is the result of one of those incidents. The average soccer mom just driving the car probably isn't going to do a whole lot destructive to it, as long as the car is taken care of. Or I should maybe say, she'll likely do less damage to the car than many forum members with "hot rods" in the same amount of mileage. :)

That thought process works for other cars. These are a little different. I've owned my GT Wagon since new. I replaced the engine at 154,000 because it was using oil, not a lot but I plan to keep the car and wanted it bullet proof.

The car was put on Cobb AP at 8000 miles, at 214,000 miles it is one of the very few that still has the original valves. I've been at 21psi since 142,000 miles.

Its a well known fact that these cars will damage its engine if left on the factory MAP.

These cars, at least 5MT limited's seem to continuously sell above what KBB or NADA list them as.

NADA claims these cars with 72k miles (what I bought mine with) should go for around $8500. While I was shopping around, there were only a handful (as in like six of them in total) for sale in the northeast with similar mileage. I don't think any of them were much under $10k.

Automatics are much more common, and seem to fall more in line with appropriate used car pricing.

Depending on where in the country you are, you'd also likely be dealing with the pre-winter surge in pricing on AWD vehicles.

Virginia. We don't get enough snow to need AWD. however there are a few nuts who freak out about the snow and say that HAVE TO HAVE AWD. so yes, it probably is a good time to sell.

I just find it crazy that WRX's with the same engine and drivetrain (09-14) are selling for about triple the price that these LGT's are going for.. who in their right mind would buy a WRX when they could have a more comfortable more luxurious LGT for a third of the cost?

Virginia. We don't get enough snow to need AWD. however there are a few nuts who freak out about the snow and say that HAVE TO HAVE AWD. so yes, it probably is a good time to sell.

I just find it crazy that WRX's with the same engine and drivetrain (09-14) are selling for about triple the price that these LGT's are going for.. who in their right mind would buy a WRX when they could have a more comfortable more luxurious LGT for a third of the cost?

Not to mention the insurance premium is half the WRX because we get the same premium as the standard NA Legacy.

It's because no one knows about this car except turbo Subaru enthusiasts.

Gotcha, I'm in upstate NY, so pretty much every car listing won't shut up about 4WD/AWD from basically early october until april.

Sounds like you are more southern than I was. NoVa got hit hard when I was there, one of the reasons I got my Leggy.

Archived