LegacyGT.com

Unlimited to limited???

Unlimited Group 7 1972 CanAm Mclaren M20

880 Cubic Inch all aluminum Chevrolet with magnesium mechanical fuel injection and amazingly sophisiticated suspension and chassis as well as aerodynamics far ahead of it's time considering that this car is 43 years old. Bruce McLaren didn't need no stinking Limited. ;)

904397608_UnlimitedGroup7CanAmMclarenM20.JPG.20fab2ea78404f3fff6b48814d75d631.JPG

Wouldn't you want more out of the car like sunroof and nice leather interior. O well, I know what I want now.. Thanks everyone for all the help I'll definitely be looking back at this for reference. Oh wait dose anybody know how I would accomplish 400 hp?.

And MAAX CAPACITY I do not have a great tuner I'm still looking in to everything.. I'm trying to do all the research I can. Any tips or advise?

Wouldn't you want more out of the car like sunroof and nice leather interior. O well, I know what I want now.. Thanks everyone for all the help I'll definitely be looking back at this for reference. Oh wait dose anybody know how I would accomplish 400 hp?.

And MAAX CAPACITY I do not have a great tuner I'm still looking in to everything.. I'm trying to do all the research I can. Any tips or advise?

That is a matter of preference. I for one choose to go "unlimited" because the sunroofs on the 1st gens always leaked and I didn't want to have to deal with that. I owned 2 1st gens and they both leaked. Now, don't take this as a fact that the 4th gen will. Some of us older gen guys have just had bad luck. If you are worried about "extras" look for a SpecB. SpecB never came in wagon though.

There should be a sticky for how to reach those levels. Just take your time and do your research like you said. Any and all of your questions have been asked and answered for you from those that came before you and I!

Forged pistons in your health block, 1000cc injectors, DW65c fuel pump 3" dp, big turbo, something like a 20g, GS tmic if not fmic.

If your looking and have the cash a Spec B is the best choice. If you stick with a 5mt, put Moore Performance Blast Plates on the tranny case.

www.tuningalliance.com is who you want to tune the set up. You can tell Mike I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Original limited owner here, just turned 100k, did the TB & LCA's at 93k, just had 2 axle boots replaced, one was leaking bad, one was just starting to leak, they are not cheap to own, mine has been very reliable, sunroof has never leaked (knocking on wood as I type) only stage 1 though and generally drive like a grandpa, but love to get on it time to time!

My only grips about my limited tan seats is age/wrinkles show more on the drivers seat and e brake boot. Rest of the seating areas look like I was "Forever Alone"

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/E6C664F4-C1E6-4238-A4AF-AFA87EBA0A95_zpsnohw8sbt.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/CDF76E5B-16B2-4970-AF48-E364B10172E1_zpssvttbbuv.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/43A57A79-CDDC-45BF-9085-E3C2A78A24BF_zpsuxwebl82.jpg~original

Besides that I loved them over the cloth and Shrek B seats that were in there before. 07 B seats had a stiff feel to them that wasn't pleasant on 8 hour 1 way drives.

My cloth seats look great. The drivers is a little worn where my jeans side down the side bolster.

Mine too.

And the center console arm rest broke from me putting my weight (180lbs) on it when getting in and out. It doesn't show, but I felt it when it broke, and the crack to the inner structure can be felt when a finger is run across the top.

Mine too.

And the center console arm rest broke from me putting my weight (180lbs) on it when getting in and out. It doesn't show, but I felt it when it broke, and the crack to the inner structure can be felt when a finger is run across the top.

I guess now you know that your not supposed to do that, that's not what that center console was designed for. I'm 200lbs, mine works great, big boy ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I guess now you know that your not supposed to do that, that's not what that center console was designed for. I'm 200lbs, mine works great, big boy ;)

I had a left total hip replacement 5 years ago. Since then getting in and out of the car has been difficult. To get in I have to sit on the seat with my back towards the middle of the car, then lean back, rotate and lift each leg in separately and the left one requires assistance by hand. When doing so my right elbow winds up on the center arm rest.

I only weigh 180, but still, a major amount of that weight comes to bear on the arm rest while getting in and out of the car.

Oh so your an old guy like me. I still have all my stock parts, +. I have a plate and 7 screws in my left collar bone and bone graph from the bone bank in the top of my right tibia and two 3" screws and a 1" screw and washer holding that bone together.

I have a buddy that also skis that has both knees and one hip replaced. Watching him get around and in/out of cars, I know what your going through.

Keep moving.

Archived