LegacyGT.com

9/30 Island Dragway

ChruiSSer

I finally fixed all the kinks with the STi setup, and I'm planning on running it this friday at Island. It still needs to be tuned, but the thing rips. Hopefully I'll break into the 12's. Maybe we can get a few people to go. I'll probably be there around 5. Who else wants to go. The weather will be nothing less than perfect. Partly cloudy, with a HIGH of 67!!!!

Guest JessterCPA
I finally fixed all the kinks with the STi setup, and I'm planning on running it this friday at Island. It still needs to be tuned, but the thing rips. Hopefully I'll break into the 12's. Maybe we can get a few people to go. I'll probably be there around 5. Who else wants to go. The weather will be nothing less than perfect. Partly cloudy, with a HIGH of 67!!!!

My interest is peaked. Supposed to be a nice cool evening.

Guest JessterCPA
I think I can do this one. Friday I have training, so it will not be a late night. Gotta check the calendar at home. Let you all know in the morning.

I'll come too, but I'm watching this time. Maybe I should give daddy's RS6 a run...

Well if you're not gonna run the LGT, then bring that badass RS6, but this you should definitely run! It would be very interesting to see what times it can pull down!

dang....o well E-town it is!:D I'm hoping to pull a 12.7 at about 110. Should leave on the export pipes or should I switch to the stock muffs so no one knows what I got? We need to caravan. I'm out of school at 3:25. I'm bringing the videocam this time!:D My friend is also coming with his 68 chevelle as of right now. It'll be a nice night.

i've never been to a raceway before.......i would like to know what is required and what class do u race under? i went to the englishtown website but it's not really structured for beginners. i would love to go this friday if possible........thanks

Super easy!

1. Have a street legal muffled car.

2. Pay to race. ($20 race, $10 spectator?)

3. Bring/Rent a helmet. ($3)

That's it!

No actual class, just plain Time Trials.

Note: I assume your car isn't faster than 11.99, otherwise you would require additonal safety gear.

What's wrong with no mufflers? I don't have any mufflers either, and that's the way I intend on racing.;) Technically turbo vehicles are street muffled. I'll probably get there around 6. Let me know guys...

Even though it is written as street muffled, they really mean it needs to be below a certain decibel level. Chris didn't you run last time without the muffler's on? The didn't give you a hard time about it from what I recall....\

I meant to say that your car needs to be relatively quiet, if it is ubnoxiously loud, then they probably will fail you at tech inspection.

Ralphyralph5, you should be OK!

Guest JessterCPA

I think that rule is so that guys don;t run their Chevelle's with headers sticking out of the wheel wells.

I am up for going on Friday. Anyone else? My friend with his S/C Tacoma will be going also.

I see Chruisser is going. Edmund? Mmm Def? Caravan? Lets set this up!

When we met last time it worked out great. I'll be in morristown till 3:25. They didn't give me a hard time at all. I've noticed that even with running an open DP Subaru's tend to be VERY quiet compared to muscle cars, etc... My car is loud but only under WOT. Stay below 2g's around the track and in tech and noone will notice. Anyone remember the CTS-V that sounded like it had open headers?

Yeah that thing was so loud it was like setting off car alarms... remember that talon or eclipse thats alarm kept going off hahah.

Anyway...I just talked to the GF and I think I am all set to go too. I would like to try to get an earlier jump on it then last time since we sat in a bunch of traffic on 18 but I will hold up to wait for the caravan.

Chris + Edmund+ Dave + Me + whoever....want to meet at that Chrysler dealer again?

Archived