LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP Not reading boost

tour80

I'm having an odd issue with my Cobb AP not reading Boost figures correctly.

1st

I data logged a few weeks back and just did a quick pull in 2nd. All of the numbers looked ok, boost readings were around 11 PSI.

2nd

Had my ECU and Fan relay replaced by Subaru last week. The car drives fine and feels just as quick as before however my Cobb AP Boost readings are incorrect.

Here are some boost figures from a 3rd gear pull under WOT:

-0.1; 0.02; -0.07; 0.15; 0.07; -0.1

The figures are not correct but the car is boosting fine, no hesitation of any kind.

I have checked the map sensor connection and it all looks fine, not disconnected or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

I'm having an odd issue with my Cobb AP not reading Boost figures correctly.

1st

I data logged a few weeks back and just did a quick pull in 2nd. All of the numbers looked ok, boost readings were around 11 PSI.

2nd

Had my ECU and Fan relay replaced by Subaru last week. The car drives fine and feels just as quick as before however my Cobb AP Boost readings are incorrect.

Here are some boost figures from a 3rd gear pull under WOT:

-0.1; 0.02; -0.07; 0.15; 0.07; -0.1

The figures are not correct but the car is boosting fine, no hesitation of any kind.

I have checked the map sensor connection and it all looks fine, not disconnected or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Reinstall your cobb. Perhaps subaru hooked up their computer to it.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Reinstall your cobb. Perhaps subaru hooked up their computer to it.

It wasn't installed in the first place. Actually it is still married to another car and needs to be relicensed. It read all data fine prior to the ecu swap.

I wonder if subaru decided to upgrade my ecu to an 07-08 one? I may need to check the model #

It wasn't installed in the first place. Actually it is still married to another car and needs to be relicensed. It read all data fine prior to the ecu swap.

I wonder if subaru decided to upgrade my ecu to an 07-08 one? I may need to check the model #

They wont just upgrade the ecu , knowingly at least. The newer ones have the si drive and fancy stuffs. But can you read any other data. Also what ver cobb is it , v2 or v3. Also assuming you have an 05.

My high mileage turd.

They wont just upgrade the ecu , knowingly at least. The newer ones have the si drive and fancy stuffs. But can you read any other data. Also what ver cobb is it , v2 or v3. Also assuming you have an 05.

05 LGT Manual using the cobb ap v2 sub002

The other parameters like rpm, wg duty cycle seem to be in line with what i logged a few weeks back.

Can the AP even connect to another vehicle if it is married to another, I thought it couldn't?

I am/was able to connect and data log even though it is married to an 06 wrx. I can't tune or anything like that though.

I have emailed Cobb to see if they have seen this before.

They're gonna tell you to marry it to the car. See if you can either get a obd scanner or one of those bluetooth obd dongles to read the boost, This way you'll know if its the car or the cobb.

My high mileage turd.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally checked on my new ECU and this is what I found:

Old ECU: 7Y

22611AJ17B

TN112200-6815

New ECU: 7Y

22611AJ17E

TN112200-6818

I'm guessing this is probably why I'm having an issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well then I have no idea. What did Cobb say? Does your AP have all its updates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Cobb didn't have too much to add and the unit was fully updated. It probably has something to do with the ECU being replaced (different model #) but I'm not 100% sure. Anyhow I ended up selling the Cobb and will probably just look into a custom tune down the road.

• 1 month later...

Quick update...I ended up selling the V2 AP and got a good deal on a V1 from Cobb. After flashing the car to Stage 1 everything seems to be working fine, car is boosting 14-15 psi.

So to close this out I'm guessing it had something to do with the fact that the V2 was married to another vehicle. That's as good of an answer as I have :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:;););)I try not to change more then one major variable at the time, thus I tested AVCS first then mocked with timing. I have tried running 20 AVCS and 35* timing, which didn't seem to help, but I tested it on a one way trip. With this car I've noticed the only accurate way to test MPG's is going to the same exact city consistently and long one way fill trips are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Archived