LegacyGT.com

Do NOT purchase anything from CX Racing!

^ My fabricator and any local exhaust shop here always sprays the inside of a pipe where it's welded as long as he can see or get to it, regardless of whether it looks like it might rust or not.

Keep preaching to me guys. I'm sure a lot of you are rocking knock-off wheels made from garbage cast too. So don't bark at me because I wanted to buy a more inexpensive exhaust that had a misleading description just because I was more comfortable with banging it up.

Covert, slandering a company is illegal? Yeah? Where in the constitution does it say that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion?

If you own your own company and you want a good name, then you build products to make your customers happy (regardless of how inexpensive the materials that you used were). Keep it coming guys. You're all saying the same thing and it's a gigantic thread of echoes. In fact, let's create a guestbook for everyone wanting to put their usernames in this thread just to feel like they said something valuable.

^ My fabricator and any local exhaust shop here always sprays the inside of a pipe where it's welded as long as he can see or get to it, regardless of whether it looks like it might rust or not.

Keep preaching to me guys. I'm sure a lot of you are rocking knock-off wheels made from garbage cast too. So don't bark at me because I wanted to buy a more inexpensive exhaust that had a misleading description just because I was more comfortable with banging it up.

Covert, slandering a company is illegal? Yeah? Where in the constitution does it say that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion?

If you own your own company and you want a good name, then you build products to make your customers happy (regardless of how inexpensive the materials that you used were). Keep it coming guys. You're all saying the same thing and it's a gigantic thread of echoes. In fact, let's create a guestbook for everyone wanting to put their usernames in this thread just to feel like they said something valuable.

Slander: oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

Then you should go talk to your fabricator about how much a custom cat back would cost.

Mine cost ~$400 in just PARTS. Plus the 2 weekends to weld it together.:spin:

Stainless welds will not rust any faster than the stainless pipe. Anyone who uses standard wire/weld on stainless is a hack, and it's just plain lazy.

I work for an exhaust company who makes things out of all grades of stainless. I've never heard of a spray for corrosion, let alone have I seen anything of the sort used on any exhaust, OEM or our competitors'. It's simply not needed on stainless if you use stainless filler wire and can use appropriate heat when welding. The only sprays we use are to lessen the chance of MIG spatter sticking to things for a cleaner appearance.

Consider the costs to make a system. If someone can buy it direct from the manufacturer for $250 and CX wants to make any kind of profit (let's say 30%, should be more), they need to manufacture the kit for $175 or less, materials and labor. I can tell you that $175 doesn't get you much of anything in form of 304 stainless if the company can't bend their own tubing in house. From the looks of it, CX was trying to use off-the-shelf bends and did what they could with them.

Also, for what it's worth, I've got non-rep Advans.

Anyone who has ever welded stainless will tell you that you need to back purge it with Argon. This is because your weld is gas shielded on the outside, but when it burns through it's not protected from oxygen on the inside. With that amount of heat oxygen and other materials contaminate the inside of the weld causing it to rust (even though it's stainless).

Now I've heard of using Heat and power that you mix together and apply it under the welds. It protects the inside of the weld but turns glass like and tends to flake off. Which is dangerous to use pre-turbo or pre-catalytic converter.

So unless your exhaust shop is back purging, you will get rust. Looks like CXRacing back purged it, since I don't see any rust on the inside pic. Sure it's not perfect or pretty, but I bet your local exhaust shop wont make it any better. I've actually seen exhaust shops weld worse then I do :lol:

What was miss-leading about the description? Serious questions since we don't have a link to where you bought it from.

In America we have a freedom of speech, but only against the government not against individuals or business. Even then freedom of speech against the government is not without limits. You can't legally shout fire in a movie theater, you can't threaten another person.

Slander is defamation of another person/company to cause harm to it's reputation. You already admitted that all you want to do is to prevent others from purchasing from them, thus damaging their reputation. The correct way to put this is, I want to raise awareness of this exhausts quality, so that the forum members can decide for themselves on if this quality is worth the $300 price tag or not.

How do you think Harbor Freight stays in business? We all know they sell inferior tools and everyone is fine with it because they know that they get what they pay for.

We are just trying to tell you that your expectations for a $300 exhaust product are too damn high. To get the fitment and quality that you want you should have paid $1k for an exhaust.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

get what you paid for... common sense... i spent good $ on my Down and up pipe but went cheap as well for the exhaust living here in MI even high quality SS takes a beating so i went cheap i had the same issue as you with fitment. i went to the parts store and bought several diffrent size rubber hangers and played around till i got it where i wanted it. good luck!

All I did was bend hangars a bit and/or place hose clamps over the rubber washers to literally fine tune each side and stiffen at the same time. My tips are black and the lower bumper is black so none of my pics I took reflect the filament well. I literally got these from a member and had a shop put them on because the flanges were to an aftermarket mid and not the stock one.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/0a3afc5e.jpg~original

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/675C27ED-CA4E-4E6B-85DC-76B102211B54_zpsr8evi5pu.jpg~original

We drive hopped up economy cars, for Christ's sake. Make it work

Hey now, this is the most expensive and luxurious car I got. If you wanna see an economy car go jump into a 90's Nissan Sentra. Heck even my foz is not as nice as the leggy :lol:.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 4 months later...

Archived