LegacyGT.com

Wolfgang Autocare products....AWESOME!

On www.premiumautocare.com (which you still get 12% discount on till the end of the day) I would suggest you pick up some of the Poorboy's SSR products. Depending on how severe your swirls are I would get SSR1 for really mild ones, SSR2 for a car that hasn't been polished for awhile, SSR2.5 for a black car that hasn't been polished for awhile and SSR3 for one that is really messed up. I maintain my car with SSR1. In my FAQ section on OCDetails.com there are some good pad and product suggestions depending on what your needs are.

Try Lowes if you are looking for a Porter Cable. They carry the 7336 which is pretty much the same thing. www.coastaltool.com has more info on what the difference is between the 7424 and 7336, but they are pretty much the same. Generally you can pick one up for about a hundred bucks. Or you can buy the one from CoastalTool for $119 and get all kinds of goodies to go with it. Either way, you should order from PAC before the 12% discount goes back to 10%. Jump on the other special that they posted in the Vendor Announcement forum too. That gloss enhancer quick detailer spray of theirs is awesome.

Well.. I bought the car in March, and haven't used anything besides NXT wax since then, so... I guess it depends on your definiton of 'a while'. :)

The swirls are starting to get quite prominent on places like the trunk lid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I followed the process with the products lined out in the OP this past weekend on my silver sedan. I was surprised at how much the clay removed on a 6 month old car that is garaged at home and work. The shine after the sealer is quite amazing.

Thanks for sharing :)

I followed the process with the products lined out in the OP this past weekend on my silver sedan. I was surprised at how much the clay removed on a 6 month old car that is garaged at home and work. The shine after the sealer is quite amazing.

Thanks for sharing :)

amazing isn't it? i noticed the same thing. i love the butter like feel.

Just wait till you catch it at the right angle. Wolfgang reflects so well in the sun, that when you get it in the shade it blows you away.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC02663.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC02661.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It is much easier. The sealant applies more like a wax than Klasse Sealant Glaze does. With Klasse SG the best way to apply it is with a dry applicator and just wiping it on in straight lines. Thin thin thin coats are the key since if you use too much it is difficult to buff off. With Wolfgang you can apply it with a machine if you want to and the product spreads forever. You can get a whole car done with 1/2 an ounce of product or less when using a machine. You can care for all the cars in your garage for a year or more with just one bottle. It just depends on how many coats you want to use and how often you want to refresh the look.

OCDETAILS BLOG

The pre wax would strip all your sealant off, so I wouldn't suggest that. Wolfgang has a spray that will refresh the shine for you between coats. I would suggest using that or the Four Star Gloss Enhancer. I've found that they both work very well on the Wolfgang sealant.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Wolfgang has a spray that will refresh the shine for you between coats. I would suggest using that or the Four Star Gloss Enhancer. I've found that they both work very well on the Wolfgang sealant.

I'm glad you mentioned the Four Star Gloss Enhancer... that's what I just ordered to complement the Wolfgang Sealant. Need something to touch up the fingerprints on my doors--a Subaru problem with our frameless windows--nobody knows where to put their fingers. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this stuff is great. :) Just keep in mind that lots of products are great just like Wolfgang. Don't ever close your mind and think that it can't get better than this. Trust me.... it can get better. Just wait till the next big thing comes out. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

Zaino is more durable, but I like the looks of Wolfgang better. Zaino is a bit plasticy looking for my taste. It looks better on light colored cars than dark simply because with light colors you can't really hope for much reflection. High gloss is as good as it gets and that is something Zaino does well at. Generally I like the look of Wolfgang more, but you know what they say about art... It's in the eye of the beer holder. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this stuff is great. :) Just keep in mind that lots of products are great just like Wolfgang. Don't ever close your mind and think that it can't get better than this. Trust me.... it can get better. Just wait till the next big thing comes out. ;)

Good point...keep us updated:lol:

• 1 month later...

Just ordered my sealant from Wolfgang; they are running a promotion where they throw in the Spritz for free. I will let you guys know my thoughts, based on the pictures of OCD's car I am going to be very happy, probably will pop major wood when I am done.

I want to get some on before winter really takes hold up here in MA.

One question though, I had Clearbra put on my front bumper and mirrors, should I be concerned about getting this stuff near it? Are there any abrassives in Wolfgang products?

Thanks guys!:)

lol. after seeing ocd's car with the sealant on it i finally broke down and got on the wolfgang product bandwagon. i bought the deep gloss total concours kit, and the leather car cockpit kit.

figured what the hell might as well start now. going to have all new panels since i was rear ended. only thing that will be original will be the roof and the doors. but they arent to late to save..lol car is only 3 months old.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

I just got my tracking # today for my order of Sealant from Wolfgang Puck....They have a promotion were they give you the Spritz for free-awesome!

If this stuff is all it is said to be, I will be ordering lots more products from them.

OC, if you lied I am gonna tell MAMA, and your gonna get your ass wooped.

Peace out

Archived