LegacyGT.com

10% off code for Fumoto Valves

Thanks, bro! :)

Looks like I'll be trimming a few threads' length from mine. No biggie with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel, as this thing is brass. :)

Thanks for that great technical find.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Just ordered 2, one for me and one for my bro's wrx. The product code is F105 but you can go through the vehicle selector to find out. Cheap shipping to Canada too... $6.

Now where to buy some oil filters in bulk, then I would be all set...

Check out this website for bulk purchase of oil filters and other parts:

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partlistbymod.php?subcat=Case+Lots&model=Legacy

I've bought a case from them and shipping is reasonable.

Thanks, bro! :)

Looks like I'll be trimming a few threads' length from mine. No biggie with a Dremel and a cutoff wheel, as this thing is brass. :)

Thanks for that great technical find.

I think cutting off 3 threads is just too much hassle. :( Plus, if you don't cut off the threads correctly you might crossthread the value at installation time causing possible damage to the drain pan threads or the valve.

I will be using the trusty old wrench. Ends up being cheaper in the long run anyways. 100,000 miles / 3000 = 34 oil changes over 100K. Given that a crush washer is about 60 cents, ends up being about the same price. Not to mention I will know 100% that all the oil has ben drained.

I just keep the oil fill cap closed when I take the drain plug out and that seems to control the "wild" flow of the oil. I also plan on picking up gloves to keep any oil off my hands.

-S

Now where to buy some oil filters in bulk, then I would be all set...

I got 6 from https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=791 which was posted in another thread by another user. 6 filters for $29.10 US isn't bad. It was about $9 for shipping to the US. Not sure if they go to Canada.

They also have another bulk buy with 6 crush washers. Shame I bought them before I saw this.

Too bad that my dealer charges $1.10 for a freakin' crush washer. at 34 oil changes over 100,000 miles, that equates to 34 x 1.10 = 37.4 -- and that does not take into account inflation. Who knows what they will charge when their 'new' building is finally done. Dealers suck.

As for the grooves, it's easy to do, with a file...and shouldn't really impact anything. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
I know this is an old thread, but the code still works so thought it might help someone else out. I actually used the same code a few years ago to buy the valve for my old car. I just ordered two Fumoto valves with nipple for my two Subarus.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived