LegacyGT.com

Boomba Stick Uneven Throws

Hey everyone,

I recently got the boomba short stick installed in my car. After the install I noticed that the throws for 1st 3rd and 5 are extremely short, it almost feels like it isnt going into gear. The shift for 2,4, and 6 are still the same length. I'm almost certain that they installed something wrong. I just wanted to confirm with some of you to make extra sure that it isnt supposed to feel like that.

My shop said that was part of the design and they do good work, so I'd like to think they did install everything correctly and arent bullshitting me. Something just feels off to me about it. I'll post some pictures and measurements when I'm back from work. I know a handful of people on the forums have one, so I'm interested to see how other people like the stick if it is supposed to be uneven.

Hey everyone,

I recently got the boomba short stick installed in my car. After the install I noticed that the throws for 1st 3rd and 5 are extremely short, it almost feels like it isnt going into gear. The shift for 2,4, and 6 are still the same length. I'm almost certain that they installed something wrong. I just wanted to confirm with some of you to make extra sure that it isnt supposed to feel like that.

I noticed that too and while it is weird, it doe seem to be the way is and not something that was done incorrectly on the install.

• 9 months later...

Mines the same way, shorter pushing vs pulling into gears. Based on the design of the shifter and the use of cables, you almost can't mess up the install. It pretty much goes in one way or it doesn't fit at all. With direct linkage shifters, you could accidentally install those backwards.

....bump lol

Archived