LegacyGT.com

Help with roof rack please!

I tried searching but didn't get many quality results. I'm having trouble through my local bike shop and Subaru parts department in finding a way to mount a bike rack on the roof. What are you guys using? Pics and part numbers would be appreciated. Also, anyone looking to sell? Thanks in advance!

Side note: my wagon has what I've been told is called "flush rails" meaning there is no opening between the roof and top of the roof rails.

Thule makes a rack, look on there web site. You'll need the mount kit and cross bars, the the bike rails.

I have one.

Here's set up for the ski box, I have both the wagon mount and the sedan mount kits.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN5049_zps27b9998f.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yakima too!

My advice however is to get something hitch mounted (install one if you don't have one)

Noise, MPG's and each piece of hardware only carries 1 bike are the downsides of roof mounts.

I am actually looking to move to hitch mount in the near future.

20150906_182631.thumb.jpg.9e0b0840fdf0a5a0a67f2109f7546da5.jpg

If you're looking for roof rack feet and crossbar systems, I use and recommend the yakima ez-rider setup. They are discontinued but you can still get them online extremely discounted plus I think they look better than some of the newer setups for flush rails out there.

For bike racks I use the universal yakima forklift setup on my yakima rack and my gf`s stock Subaru crossbars. This is the first season using them but they work great.

If possible though hitch mount setup will be better in most every way.

Search ez-rider and you'll find some posts on legacygt.com

Thinking about Thule, they may have stopped making the mount kit because the car is so old. Compared to sedans, that are not many around either.

Archived