LegacyGT.com

how long to wait for turning off the engine

Yeah, this is usually only a concern for turbo engines. There are no parts of an average naturally aspirated engine that will reach temperatures that would cook oil into coke deposits after the oil pump stops like there are on a turbo. As stated above an off engine generates no heat and in fact an idling engine in a stationary vehicle could end up getting hotter than it was due to decreased cooling system efficiency without the air flow of the vehicle moving. I wouldn't necessarily slam it into park and immediately turn the key off but it shouldn't really hurt anything even if you do; the bigger concern is starting the car moving too quickly after starting the engine. I always cringe when I see these people that get the car in reverse almost before the engine has finished cranking, because it does take a few seconds to get the oil pressure up.

Well I don't know when coolant have been change BUT I'm planning to change everything needed these weeks.

Thanks 1stick3pedals but I'm "a little" far away from you : I'm french but there very very few Legacy in France so VIVA internet lol

Which OBD reader for Android soft do you recommand ?

Now I'm wondering which visco for the EZ30, my TDI has just been destroyed with 5W30 ( cameshaft dead as a mecanic in VW forum had predicted ... ) so I'm very interrested by using 5w40 or 10w40 instead of 5W30 as Subaru recommand ...

Where I live we have around 10°F to 100°F.

There no many time I've got it but I precise again the picture is when the car is on parking.

Few minutes ago the gauge goes down even if one time when parking the gauge was higher.

I'm going to change every oil and coolant because I don't know which is in my car new car

As far as I know, here are the things that may cause this condition:

- thermostat temp is too high (not likely)

- electric cooling fan(s) not turning fast enough (easy to test, turn on A/C and look)

- electric thermal switch for fans defective

- coolant not diluted properly (test with SG dipper)

- not enough coolant in engine (overflow tank dry)

Archived