LegacyGT.com

Does my ride height look weird to you?

Yeah I've got a bit of ass sag lol

Yea I was asking you. The 18's really fill in the wheel gap nice. Im looking into finding your set up for sure. The Bilsteins are pricey along with the Spec B top hats at Fred Beans but it's all there but the springs. I have had koni's and Bilsteins before back in the day on other cars and you can't match the ride quality you get from the Bilsteins compared to any other brand. I think the coilovers ride to harsh for my liking but give you the lowered tune right where you want it. You get what you pay for bottom line...Your car looks great too by the way.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/13/8116aca4a00342c4074fe9f0a8c9c210.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! Yeah I love this setup. Only reason I'm thinking about getting coilovers is for adjustability. We'll see tho.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Have you had a chance to ride or drive a fourth generation LGT with coilovers yet? I have never had the chance. All cars react different with the coilovers. Maybe our cars won't be as choppy or rough as others I have been in and driven with them. The Tein's seem to have the best set up with that electronic monitoring and adjustability option vs. other brands for almost the same price.

Here's mine with the Bilstein HD's/Spec B Tophats/Swift Springs (wagon)

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/antifz6/LGT/086a3e34-0345-462a-8b3a-e81a7125e406.jpg

17x8 WRX wheels and tires

The ride's a little on the firm side but not too bad, especially with the bump stops cut down in front. My suspension was fully stock when I bought it, and I've also had a set of the ISC coilovers on it. The ISC's were very harsh and had a stiff ride with very little travel no mater what settings I ran them at. My current setup is pretty good for my taste.

Here's mine with the Bilstein HD's/Spec B Tophats/Swift Springs (wagon)

Looks great as well with 17"s. Seems like either 18"s or 17"s you really can't go wrong with the Bilstein/Spec B set up. So your Swift springs were purchased as (wagon fitment) and not for a sedan LGT?

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/antifz6/LGT/086a3e34-0345-462a-8b3a-e81a7125e406.jpg

17x8 WRX wheels and tires

The ride's a little on the firm side but not too bad, especially with the bump stops cut down in front. My suspension was fully stock when I bought it, and I've also had a set of the ISC coilovers on it. The ISC's were very harsh and had a stiff ride with very little travel no mater what settings I ran them at. My current setup is pretty good for my taste.

Thank you everyone for all the replies and references!

After talking to the previous owner again today, apparently I misunderstood him, and the car is actually sitting on "stock" spec B springs. I just can't see how this can be the case seeing how the car is sitting. I was considering finding a set of spec B springs, but now I'm nervous that something else is wrong. Spec B cars don't sit like this, right? Can anyone identify the springs in the picture? I'm gathering a list of mods from the PO and other suspension mods that might be relevant are: Poly steering, and LCA bushings, poly trans mount, Front and rear strut bars, cusco chassis bracing, and the summer wheels are 17" Kosei.

If springs fix the issue:

I'm definitely in to the idea of reducing squat and dive. Philadelphia roads are the worst in the country... so it has me a little nervous. I like suspension stiff, but I don't like loud bangs. The Swift springs definitely look pretty sweet on both of your setups! I'll probably go that route assuming the PO is crazy and it actually just has stock springs on the car.

Maybe he installed them wrong? Or backwards? I'll see what more I can find out tomorrow, and get measurements on level ground.

I'm skeptical that your actually on spec B springs. It's just too high. The shock/spring/top hat combo is what sets your front ride height. Maybe he had a set of spec B springs, but accidentally reinstalled the originals again? I can't imaging them being installed wrong other than not being fully seated.

I won't be near my OEM springs until later this weekend, I'm not sure if you can tell by the color codes.

I replaced my sagging stock springs with new Tiens and guess what? The back still sits too low! Argh!! I picked up the materials and plan on fabricating a pair of 3/8" spacers to bring things onto an even keel.

http://www.paranoidfabrications.com/shop/category/saggy-butt-spacers/

Here is where I got my spacers. Good prices and shipped super fast in a padded envelope.

I didn't see a Saggy Butt model for 4th gen Legacy/OB.

Sorrry bro. I had that link saved for the saggy butt spacers but I forgot that it was the page for my older Legacy BK. Guy below posted the correct link to Paranoid Fabrication which I believe to be the best for these spacers needed for our cars.

Im liking the options that the Tein Street Basis have to offer. You get the adjustability of ride quality and the option of ride height as well with the spanner wrench. Where the Koni require some prep work and the Bilstein are kind of soft after a while. The Street Basis are a decent price as well and use the OEM top hats. Im not interested in camber settings or a rough coil over ride so these might be the ticket. Anybody have these Tein street Basis on here that have any feedback?

You'll read this just about anywhere, with coilovers you get what you pay for. I went from Koni inserts with H&R springs and whiteline tophats to ISC N1 coilovers because the Koni and H&R springs weren't low enough for the way I wanted my car to appear. That being said the Koni and spring set up was far more comfortable and actually handled a bit better mostly because I had a bit more wheel gap which allowed for more travel before hitting the fender liners.

To OP yes, your ride height looks off. I believe that the Koni and your choice of spring besides and Tein springs gives a really nice ride height and a quality ride.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived