LegacyGT.com

Tools to press out/in front LCA front and rear bushings

I'll be pushing out the old and the new front and rear bushings on the front LCA soon and was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up or had an idea what to use to push them out with? I'll have access to a hydraulic press.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, if I get them pressed out I'll see if the Subaru dealership is open and would be willing to do it. I know there are quite a few dealerships and big chain repair shops that will not do this type of work unless they work on your car from start to finish because of liability.

Have you ever thought about a local machine shop ? Ask the local auto parts store guy's which are the good machine shops.

You'll have to have the car aligned after the work...so you have to figure out what's your time worth instead of paying the experts to do it. It's nice to drop the car off and pick it up all set and ready to go.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm an aircraft mechanic so I have access to several presses, we just don't have anything that large to press out a bushing. There isn't much comfort designed in an aircrafts landing gear except for the strut and tire so need to worry about rubber bushings lol.

I found a guy on here that had some tools made to press out the front and rear bushings. I'm paying him a fee and shipping to use them. It was really nice of him to let me use them.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Archived