LegacyGT.com

After installs throwing p0171 and p0301-4 on base map from tuner

After installing a few parts I am throwing p0171 and p0301-4 codes. The car has 53 miles after all installed parts running on a base map from my tuner that supports my list of mods. She runs great nice and smooth zero sputtering or hesitation from 1k-5krpm and has smooth idle. Only thing she does is stall out at coming to stop in gear with clutch engaged but put in neutral at stops does not stall and will have a slight idle bounce about a 100rpm barely evident. I will clear code and just either a p0171 will come back or a misfire will come up instead.

I have cleaned the MAF and I have checked for vacuum leaks and have seen non so far. Next thing I am about to buy is a new O2 sensor.

List of what has just been done:

Stromung dual tip

Invidia catted DP

GS up

GS ebcs

EGT delete

SPT intake

Infamous oil line kit

DW 850s

DW 65c

Blouch TD05-440xt

Perrin inlet

Cobb V3

Crawford AOS

Torque Solution TMIC

maintenance stuff:

NGK plugs

Oil pump

Water pump

timing belt

Just an FYI she has 65K on the clock and was never driven hard the original owner is a best friend of mine.

Good looks for the help

http://engine-codes.com/p0171_subaru.html

Did you just do all those changes ? If yes, you need to get to a dyno for a real tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There's a big likelihood of a vacuum leak, even if you've double and triple checked. There seems to be miles of vacuum lines and problems can arise anywhere.

Have you done a leakdown/compression test? I ask because my "healthy" engine developed a misfire right after the stage 3 parts were put on and it turned out to be burned valves. If the misfire codes move from cylinder to cylinder I would think you have an air leak.

http://engine-codes.com/p0171_subaru.html

Did you just do all those changes ? If yes, you need to get to a dyno for a real tune.

Yes and Yes she is being tuned at Efi on Thurs with Mikey.

Negative.

There's a big likelihood of a vacuum leak, even if you've double and triple checked. There seems to be miles of vacuum lines and problems can arise anywhere.

Have you done a leakdown/compression test? I ask because my "healthy" engine developed a misfire right after the stage 3 parts were put on and it turned out to be burned valves. If the misfire codes move from cylinder to cylinder I would think you have an air leak.

There was a compression test done before the codes were thrown and everything was good.

I clear the codes and drive for 3 miles or so and then let idle and 5 mins later I get p0171 then clear code and drive for a few more miles and let idle then throws p0301 and p0303. Clear the codes drive a few miles and throws p0171 and so forth. She runs great which is odd I would think for these codes. No rough idle or hesitation.

I had some trouble mounting the Torque Solution TMIC its so ******* tight fitting I think that I may be causing a vacuum leak from the install.

Could it be from the GS ebcs being installed with just the base map?

I dont understand how she could be running so smooth with no hesitation with misfires seems strange to me I would think that she would run rough from those codes.

Thanks again guys for the help!

In your shoes I would do a smoke test before spending any money on parts.

From the research I've done, p0171 is usually from a vacuum leak. When you say "p0301-4 codes", you mean a misfire on all four cylinders? If so, that also points to a vacuum leak. Like subie n00bie said, I know you said you checked, but I would try looking one more time before spending any $$ on parts.

Archived