LegacyGT.com

Albums you can listen to, front to back

BDII

I love music.

Between my iPhone and my iPod I have 7000+songs and 500+ albums.

What albums can you listen to, front to back, and like every song?

1. Silver Sun Pickups: Swoon

2. Mat Kearney: Nothing Left to Lose

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

metallica ride the lightning, kill em all

iron maiden, many of their albums

any black sabbath album until seventh star

violent femmes first album

pink floyd the wall

theres a ton of bands and albums i could just let play, i have 42gb of music, songs by all kinds of artists that ive collected over the years.

Most of my favorite bands have several albums I can enjoy entirely through: Radiohead, Wilco, Ben Folds/Five, Zero 7, The Shins, Soul Coughing ... to scratch the surface.

Of those, albums I particularly enjoy:

Radiohead - In Rainbows and OK Computer

Zero 7 - The Garden

Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom

Dada - Puzzle

Ben Folds Five - Ben Folds Five

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky (contains a few of my favorites, such as Impossible Germany) and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Soul Coughing - Ruby Vroom

ya, i forgot soul coughing. and cake. two of my fave bands, not sure why they didnt come to mind when i posted. radiohead as well, but there are songs on all their stuff i dont like so i will skip. same with the pixies, a lot of good songs, and some songs ive deleted from the library because they annoy me that much.

Cakes albums are always good fun.

In terms of front-to-back masterpieces of production and songwriting, Beck's Morning Phase really is as good as everyone says. GNR's Appetite is probably at or near the top of the list, too, as are Metallica's ...And Justice, and Black Album and Radiohead - OK Computer. Nas - Illmatic, Sasha & Digweed's first Northern Exposure album make the list.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

220px-Lead_Me_On_Phelps.jpg

and

http://www.kellyjoephelps.net/discography/images/shineeyed_big.jpg

These both just came to mind, if you love slide guitar, he is one of the best around.

Going to throw Van's best album on here, most people would say Moondance but Astral weeks is even better, one of the best studio albums ever recorded hands down.

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0001/817/MI0001817882.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

^recommend 1-2 songs by Kelly Joe Phelps? never heard of him.

God that's hard, they are all good, he also has many great covers too (done his own way of course). I have several albums but the two listed above are the best. My # 3 fav album from Kelly is the live album, Tap the Red Cane Whirlwind which opens with a 9 minute cover of Skip Jame's 'Hard Time Killing Floor Blues, which is just awesome if you love the old blues legend. I'm big into guys like Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly, all pre-Muddy Waters era Blues legends.

I would honestly start with the House Carpenter, the first song on the Album 'Shine Eyed Mister Zen'. To be fair that song isn't his, it's a Traditional staple (even covered by Bob Dylan at one point), written by an anonymous author. Kelly's version will stun anybody who appreciates badass, nearly impossible Slide-guitar playing. The song Hobo's Son would be my # 2 of that album (that is an original). The album closes with a cover of Goodnight Irene (which Leadbelly made famous, but he didn't write it either)

Here is a youtube video of The house Carpenter to get you started:

I can see why you can listen to the entire album.

Front back the whole thing is great, same with his very first album Lead me On, not a bad song on them.

Lol, I was just looking at the number of people who have covered Goodnight Irene, some of them I knew already like Eric Clapton, Ry Cooder, but I did not know Tom Waits did a cover too, I'll have to listen to that one sometime. Kelly's version of the song is the most serene and beautiful one I've heard yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived