LegacyGT.com

Trouble code "ILL"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how everyone says to search for the 'answer', but the only thing that I'm finding is:

1. Your knee is hitting the button.

2. The roll-button is between settings.

3. Do a search for the answer.

I'm 5'10" and there is *no way* that my knee is hitting the button while I'm driving, nor is the roll-button stuck between settings because when it happens, I roll it up (or down) and then it happens again tomorrow. It's an obvious electrical problem that *many* Subie owners are experiencing (per this forum). I'm sure that if all of us who have posted here regarding this issue took our cars to the dealer, they either; a) wouldn't see the problem occur and we would get laughed out of the shop or; b) the dealer would contact SOA to have them look into it further.

roll the switch vigorously up and down - this will clean the contacts which may be sticking.

Any suggestions on how to contact SOA about this issue?

email or telephone. try the official Subaru website for contact info.

I'm not too concerned about getting the ILL.6 problem fixed coz I'm leasing, but what's the possibilities of an electrical / dash-fire???

probably none, unless you wipe down the dash with gasoline and light it.

On a side note... anyone else notice some strange smells coming from their clutch?? :confused: :confused:

Do a 'search' and you'll find the answer -- (just kidding)

Actually, I have noticed the smell that (many) owners have posted. Here's another of my 2 "sense" worth on the subject...

I only notice it when I get off the highway, shut the car off to get gas and then start the car back up. I think it might have something to do with the turbocharger / cooling unit. I don't notice the smell unless I've just been traveling at high-speeds (70 MPH and up) and then stop.

I have 7,000 miles on my scoobie and have noticed it since the beginning....

Again, just my 2 "sents".

Actually, I have noticed the smell that (many) owners have posted. Here's another of my 2 "sense" worth on the subject...

I only notice it when I get off the highway, shut the car off to get gas and then start the car back up. I think it might have something to do with the turbocharger / cooling unit. I don't notice the smell unless I've just been traveling at high-speeds (70 MPH and up) and then stop.

I have 7,000 miles on my scoobie and have noticed it since the beginning....

Again, just my 2 "sents".

I don't know about your 2 "sense" or 2 "sents", but I can smell your 2 "scents" from here!

Side note: anyone else's LGT not run smoothly after taking it off a cliff?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Again, do a search for ILL.6 and you'll see the responses. This is possibly tied in with the ILL.6 problem that I originally posted about.

Honest? Thanks man!!!1

Anybody's Legacy pull to the right? Are they all like that?

Cool thanks. Also, my Legacy seems to have some sort of a speech impediment. Anyone know anything about that?? :confused:

I love how everyone says to search for the 'answer', but the only thing that I'm finding is:

1. Your knee is hitting the button.

2. The roll-button is between settings.

3. Do a search for the answer.

I'm 5'10" and there is *no way* that my knee is hitting the button while I'm driving, nor is the roll-button stuck between settings because when it happens, I roll it up (or down) and then it happens again tomorrow. It's an obvious electrical problem that *many* Subie owners are experiencing (per this forum). I'm sure that if all of us who have posted here regarding this issue took our cars to the dealer, they either; a) wouldn't see the problem occur and we would get laughed out of the shop or; b) the dealer would contact SOA to have them look into it further.

Any suggestions on how to contact SOA about this issue? I'm not too concerned about getting the ILL.6 problem fixed coz I'm leasing, but what's the possibilities of an electrical / dash-fire???

Just my 2 "sense" worth....

Zim

Don't be dense you silly goose. I agree "do a search" is often overused and really not helpful for some problems, but ILL has been covered MANY MANY times and it's always the same thing. The point of the thread is the person is concerned it's an engine code/computer warning, and a search would tell them it's not plus maybe even how to fix the issue.

The knee thing is possible, I whacked it with my knee once getting in which was the only time I ever had the ILL problem. Don't ask how I hit it but the point is it's possible

Archived