LegacyGT.com

Switching from open source to accessport

blackobxt

When I purchased my 05 outback xt it was already tuned with opensource. I would prefer the accessport for a few reasons, would I have any issues using an accessport on my protuned car? Would it just download the protune as the "stock" map, or is this going to be a run around of trying to re-load a stock map or buy a new ecm?

First, download your current map and save it. Then download a stock map from romraider. Flash it via opensource. Now, transfer all of your maps(note the different units). Flash with the AP.

Are you sure the AP will load maps that were modified on another platform? I've never heard of this being done. Are you talking about him using ATR to edit a stock map with the values from his pro-tuned ROM? If that's the case, note that not all tables defined in Ecuflash or Romraider may be present in ATR.

OP, what exactly are your reasons for wanting to switch to the AP?

Sent from some electronic device.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Lol I know I just don't have any experience tuning with open source. The car is my wife's, and she likes the idea of being able to switch from e85 and 91 maps without having a laptop in the car and I've got some experience with accesstuner.

Honestly it just boils down to preference as silly as it sounds.

Can you download the opensource software and mess around with it without having a map uploaded to it?

Are you sure the AP will load maps that were modified on another platform? I've never heard of this being done. Are you talking about him using ATR to edit a stock map with the values from his pro-tuned ROM? If that's the case, note that not all tables defined in Ecuflash or Romraider may be present in ATR.

You have to copy and paste the modified maps and match them in ATR. The map wont just load in ATR. Its tedious but you can do it. I did this earlier this year when I switched to the AP and all the maps that were modified in RomRaider(I went through each one) were in ATR. Unless you have some beta parameters, ATR actually seems to have more defined parameters.

Use at your own risk. Its time consuming and you need to double check everything but it can be done.

Honestly, I think your best bet, if you are set on getting an AP, is going back to the original Protuner, and ask them to convert the map to an AP tune. My guess is that you'd do the whole tuning process over again, albeit it should be a quicker process, but I think you'll be loading maps, making runs, capturing logs, rinse/repeat. Hopefully the tuner is local or does etunes.

• 5 weeks later...
First, download your current map and save it. Then download a stock map from romraider. Flash it via opensource. Now, transfer all of your maps(note the different units). Flash with the AP.

Where can you find a stock map on romraider?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Itsme- I want to say that it is a2wc522n but you should look at your current map and see what you have. A learning view or just opening your rom in romraider should be able to tell you which rom you are using.

Thanks I got it. I opened romraider and found it thanks.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived