LegacyGT.com

turbo2's break it and fix it with something better build

Ive had my 05 obxt for about a year now. I started off 100%stock. I started off with a cheap uppipe and ap tune. After the up pipe cracked I got a gs ebcs, up, and dp with a tial 38mm.

My stock turbo went and i replaced it with a jmp upgraded vf52(Which I love.Thanks JMP). That ended up blowing up my stock intercooler so I got a perrin tmic.

My clutch is now on its way out. Suprise, suprise. I have a southbend stage 3 daily in the mail system right now to take care of that. Im also going to get some moore blast plates.

I also have dw 850's and 65c at home. After coilovers, wheels, and brakes Im done. Im shooting for 350ish on race gas nothing super crazy.

• 1 month later...
My clutch is now on its way out. Suprise, suprise. I have a southbend stage 3 daily in the mail system right now to take care of that. Im also going to get some moore blast plates.

Any updates on the Moore blast plates? Deciding if I will be getting them soon. Trying to find as many reviews to see what kind of difference they provide.

I have yet to grab them. I just need to find some time to go there and grab them. They're only an hour away. Im about to buy a supermoto again and Im in the process of moving to Hawaii so It might have to wait till I get there.

• 7 months later...

So it's about time for an update.

I just had Moore blast plates, the sb stage 3 daily, and tsk kit all done. Break in is being done now. All that's left is to install 850's and 65c and tune. Also figure out my wastegate problem. It's not opening when it's supposed to.

• 1 month later...
Clutch break in is done. I Finally had my car loaded on to a ship to be transported to Hawaii. As soon as it gets here I'll probably do my 850's and 65c fuel pump along with a new tune for 92. At the same time I'll see if my wastegate diaphragm is pinched. My wastegate is opening at 20lbs connected and disconnected with an 8lb Spring.

• 3 months later...
So when I moved to Hawaii I forgot to bring my fuel items. My fiancé is still living in w.v. brought them over while visiting. So hopefully within the next few weeks I can get those installed. I still have an overboosting problem. Wot will hit 20. I've tried changing springs, disconnecting the ewg, trying another persons 3 port. At this point I'm just gonna pay someone. With my new job and now planning a wedding 4000 miles away I'm always busy and I just want this thing to work.

• 1 month later...
My tb inlet hose keeps sliding off so I fixed it. My Perrin has this little notch on the turbo side and I keep blowing out the o-ring. I ran and got a Mr. Gasket 738G Chevy Small Block V-8 thermostat gasket and it fits perfect. Hopefully I won't need to take the top mount off again soon. I hate fighting that thing on.

Archived