LegacyGT.com

H&R springs

I came across some h&r springs yesterday on autoeverything.com . It said it would fit my new Subaru Legacy 2.5 limited. Has anyone bought them ? If so, do you have pics of how it looks like? I've read mixed reviews about this website so I'm just wanting to know if they will actually fit the new legacy.

http://m.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/hr-sport-lowering-coil-springs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
H&R Springs website does not show there are any available at this moment and if i remember correctly someone has tried fitting 2014 struts or coil overs on their 2015 and it didn't work so there may be a difference in the springs.

Based on the sub-models listed, it looks like those are 2010-2014 springs.

I still say that 5th Gen lowering springs will work on the 6th Gen, but no one local has taken me up on my offer to install them and do a test fit to confirm that for them yet.

The coilovers that someone tried didn't work, not because they didn't fit, and would function, but because the 6th gen front suspension design uses an sway bar upper end link mount that is located by the spring perch or strut body and not on the control arm like the 5th gen. This causes problems because there is no way to mount that end link design on coilovers.

Based on the sub-models listed, it looks like those are 2010-2014 springs.

I still say that 5th Gen lowering springs will work on the 6th Gen, but no one local has taken me up on my offer to install them and do a test fit to confirm that for them yet.

The coilovers that someone tried didn't work, not because they didn't fit, and would function, but because the 6th gen front suspension design uses an sway bar upper end link mount that is located by the spring perch or strut body and not on the control arm like the 5th gen. This causes problems because there is no way to mount that end link design on coilovers.

Any idea on where I can buy front and rear springs separately (or with different lowering sizes) for a 5th gen? I would like the front lowered a little more than the rear because of how the car sits, it's not even with the back

Yeah I tried the Coilover fitment and the Hub was thicker by 5mm where the Strut Bolts up and yes the End Link set up is New and is 14" long.. I've sent a few emails to Tein and they replied maybe at the end of the year or early next year for Suspension products..http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/da6e5396094a0fc5d4d5e6b8a7fa040b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yeah I tried the Coilover fitment and the Hub was thicker by 5mm where the Strut Bolts up and yes the End Link set up is New and is 14" long.. I've sent a few emails to Tein and they replied maybe at the end of the year or early next year for Suspension products..http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21/da6e5396094a0fc5d4d5e6b8a7fa040b.jpg

Well that would be great because I was thinking of just settling for springs but I'd definitely wait until then, get coilovers with my income tax and get something else right now. I have a burning hole in my pocket on wat to buy next for my legacy just trying to figure out wat lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
http://infamousperformance.rpmware.com/hr/hr-springs-sport-springs/54427/i-538955.aspx

I am resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has tried these yet. According to H&R's website these springs will fit 2010-2016 Legacy's. They lower 1.3 inches both front and rear, would love to see these on a car with aggressive 18's.

This guy did. But unfortunately he didn't provide very many pics.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/16-3-6r-sitting-19s-249863.html

Personally I don't trust CarID one bit. Just looking at that ad, it doesn't even say what the drop and spring rates are for those springs. Additionally, the review associated with that listing has the reviewer mentioning something about 7k spring rates. There is no way those springs are even close to 7k spring rates since stock rates are about 3.5k to 4k. To me that's all just janky advertising and it's not to be trusted.

Since we know that the H&R springs for 5th Gen actually fit the 6th Gen with known lowering results based on the manufacturers published numbers, then we can assume that all the options available with 5th Gen springs will fit the 6th Gen with known results as published.

You can choose from H&R, RCE, Swift, Tein, Eibach, etc. to be guaranteed whatever result you seek in lowering height and ride quality.

I would caution everyone, that anything more than a 1" drop from stock opens you up to the possibility of bottoming out the stock front struts on big bumps and getting a big "slam".

Personally I don't trust CarID one bit. Just looking at that ad, it doesn't even say what the drop and spring rates are for those springs. Additionally, the review associated with that listing has the reviewer mentioning something about 7k spring rates. There is no way those springs are even close to 7k spring rates since stock rates are about 3.5k to 4k. To me that's all just janky advertising and it's not to be trusted.

Yea I've heard mixed reviews about CarID before but I've never bought anything from them so I couldn't say. You have to go to product options to see the specs. It says 1.2-1.4 for the front and 0.8-1.0 for the rear. Doesn't say anything about spring rates tho... That review u saw was probably for a different car

Since we know that the H&R springs for 5th Gen actually fit the 6th Gen with known lowering results based on the manufacturers published numbers, then we can assume that all the options available with 5th Gen springs will fit the 6th Gen with known results as published.

You can choose from H&R, RCE, Swift, Tein, Eibach, etc. to be guaranteed whatever result you seek in lowering height and ride quality.

I would caution everyone, that anything more than a 1" drop from stock opens you up to the possibility of bottoming out the stock front struts on big bumps and getting a big "slam".

I'd most likely go with the eibach pro springs as its only a 1" drop front and rear, then get some butt spacers to even the front and back out, everything else I saw was more then an inch

I'd most likely go with the eibach pro springs as its only a 1" drop front and rear, then get some butt spacers to even the front and back out, everything else I saw was more then an inch

Well you know the spring rates of the Eibachs, etc, but does anyone know the spring rates of the stock springs on the 6th Gen Legacy yet. The Eibachs are not much stiffer, maybe 10%, than the stock 2010-2012 Legacy which were pretty soft, like 170 or 180lb or something like that. The 2013-2014 Legacy got stiffer springs from the factory, probably around 190lbs and you guys got even stiffer springs from the factory I believe. So, the Eibachs might drop you, but not stiffen you up.

Well you know the spring rates of the Eibachs, etc, but does anyone know the spring rates of the stock springs on the 6th Gen Legacy yet. The Eibachs are not much stiffer, maybe 10%, than the stock 2010-2012 Legacy which were pretty soft, like 170 or 180lb or something like that. The 2013-2014 Legacy got stiffer springs from the factory, probably around 190lbs and you guys got even stiffer springs from the factory I believe. So, the Eibachs might drop you, but not stiffen you up.

So are u saying it'll lower the car but have a similar spring rate as stock? Could that also lead to bottoming out?

Yes and yes. But before you take my word for it, somebody need to track down the stock spring rates for the 6th Gen. Or somebody who already removed their stock springs needs to pay a visit to a shop that can check such a thing.

Yes and yes. But before you take my word for it, somebody need to track down the stock spring rates for the 6th Gen. Or somebody who already removed their stock springs needs to pay a visit to a shop that can check such a thing.

I might be able to have them tested my stocks are sitting in my garage.. Who would be able to test them? [emoji57]

I might be able to have them tested my stocks are sitting in my garage.. Who would be able to test them? [emoji57]

I was hoping you might jump in here and do that. I suspected you probably had your stock springs sitting around. It would be a great service to the community, not only 6th Gen, but 5th Gen too, it would be useful info.

Archived