LegacyGT.com

bc br coil overs on an 07xt

Im looking at installing bc br coilovers on the wagon. Currently running lgt setup but have been disappointed with the ride and saggy butt even with 3/8" spacers.

I know there's a lot of info out there but can someone save me some time by letting me know if there's anything else I need for the swap. Also can someone clarify if the coil overs come with new springs? Mine are pretty shot. If they do come with springs do you recommend swift springs instead? Thanks.

Also do you recommend the rear extenders!??? Ok thats it thanks.

I don't know how low you want to go, but there are BC/BR Outback specific coilovers. They don't allow you to go as low as the LGT ones though.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/20640-bc-racing-br-type-coilover-obxt.html

I don't know what you don't like about your current set-up, but have you considered koni inserts + stiffer springs?

I have heard (don't have experience) that the coilovers require a little more maintenance. A koni+good spring set-up would be true set-it and forget.

I'm planning on going to BC Coilovers in the spring, because I want to go lower. If you like the idea of raising up the height in the winter, coilovers would be the way to go. Subimods can answer all of your questions, just email them. If I remember correctly, the Outback specific coilovers have an extra long strut body, and should allow you to go as low as the standard LGT BC Coilovers. You just need to specify that when ordering. I can't comment on the Swift springs question. I was thinking maybe the damper settings on the coilovers could achieve the ride comfort of the Swifts? They are usually a $350-$400 add on, so if somebody here has the BC with Swift setup, please chime in on the overall experience.

I had the Outback Specific BC/BR coilovers before. They will allow you to lower the car to slightly lower than stock Legacy GT height. And up-to Stock Outback height.

They will bolt right on. If you are lowering the car you will want the Legacy GT rear bump stops Subaru PN 20501AE00A. You might also consider rear Legacy GT upper control arms, and adjustable rear lower control arms or some other method to adjust rear camber.

I also did Whiteline anti-lift, and Roll/Center bump steer correction kits in the front.

I still have my BCs, and I'd sell them real cheap if you're interested ($200). They need a rebuild though (approx $300). I have the rear extenders and yes you will want those.

I had the Outback Specific BC/BR coilovers before. They will allow you to lower the car to slightly lower than stock Legacy GT height. And up-to Stock Outback height.

They will bolt right on. If you are lowering the car you will want the Legacy GT rear bump stops Subaru PN 20501AE00A. You might also consider rear Legacy GT upper control arms, and adjustable rear lower control arms or some other method to adjust rear camber.

I also did Whiteline anti-lift, and Roll/Center bump steer correction kits in the front.

I still have my BCs, and I'd sell them real cheap if you're interested ($200). They need a rebuild though (approx $300). I have the rear extenders and yes you will want those.

Very interested. Any chance of getting some pics of the BC Coilovers? Also, how much life did you get out of them? I don't want to rebuild them every year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived