LegacyGT.com

Any 3.0R's with Raptor Headers?

I'm on a backorder list for me set of raptor headers from Australia. Any guys have any issues with there headers? Is there extra heat that radiates to your engine or to your CV or steering boots?

I'm just curious before I buy. Also, I plan on removing the third cat and redoing the y-split. Anyone else notice a difference in sound and performance?

The only set ive seen was from that 3.0R build buried in these forums, and those were custom made.

If you redo the merge are you going true dual exit or an aftermarket dual I/O cat? either way its going to sound great.

Dual exhaust would be sick! i'd need to invest in a dual i/o resonator as well... If it's once think I find distasteful is a raspy DD. and the EZ30 is a rasp queen.. Lol

I wasn't planning on spending more than a few bucks throwing in some piping and cleaning up the third cat and y-split... But how much would it cost to build a custom true dual with a a two in two out resonator? Also are aftermarket metallic cats even worth it?

I would build two independent sections for each bank of valves and have two of each component: resonator, catalytic convert and muffler.

Metal cats are pretty useless lol they work but not like ceramic substrate ones. You could also have a dual inlet cat that is single exit.

Then use a muffler as a resonator and two densely packed mufflers for ultimate sex.

Just messaged this guy. He also was tuned by Matt. Haven't uploaded my tune yet. But look at this sexiness.... http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

This guy reused the stock cats. Maybe the 1st cats aren't all that restrictive. But dear god that piping to the merge...:wub:

Maybe I'll wait and see what the car sounds like with headers and my Perrin cans. might just take it from there. A true duel would make it sound so clean but I don't have the cash to throw into a set of mufflers, piping, high flow cats, and the labor for that much custom work.

That is a nice exhaust note! Unless your stock setup unbolts prior to the pre-converter you will have to hack up the stock or have a section made that connects the headers to the Y-pipe. You could mimic that Y-pipe in the thread then use a dual inlet cat.

Looks like I'll be hacking up the exhaust to reuse those stock cats.. no big deal. I don't want to deal with an aftermarket cat but i'm thinking about doing maybe a 2 into 1 muffler/resonator JUST to keep the rasp down. Just gotta find something that would be durable that close to the headers and cats.

But yeah, those Ultrex mufflers sound good. They sound good on a stock system too.

Dont know if there is a settled tuning solution for the 3.0R 5eat, but if there is, the best would be to use a Hi-flow cat or go catless, and have the tune eliminate the 2nd 02 sensor codes, similar to what LGTs do for stage 2.

I think there is and if slight mods needed, the shop/customer must be willing to do so. I have a 5EAT in California soon putting them on with high flow cats. Yes those codes can be deleted.

I really think beyond the power mods, getting the 5EAT to work and also some very nice suspension and suspension pieces and a brake upgrade would be perfect.

I feel like going Catless would cut back on a lot of backpressure and I'm really looking to better the low end torque. But yeah the 5eat can be tuned and quite well at that. Throttlehappy (Matt) did mine and it feels muchh better.

I have some suspension mods already. On coils, plus poly bushings, and white line roll center kit. Really looking to refine the look, sound, and performance at this point.

You can def have the O2 sniffer DTCs disabled from the tune doesnt stop them from functioning just annoying you :) Also leaving out both cats for a central cat would free up the exhaust flow. You would get a decent scavenging effect depending on the volume of the cat and piping.

I'm on a backorder list for me set of raptor headers from Australia. Any guys have any issues with there headers? Is there extra heat that radiates to your engine or to your CV or steering boots?

I'm just curious before I buy. Also, I plan on removing the third cat and redoing the y-split. Anyone else notice a difference in sound and performance?

Here's another video. Raptor headers, and an XRT tune.

How much are the headers? The only info I could find on their website was $390 AUD.

How did you get in touch with Raptor? I can't get anybody there to return my emails.

Sent you a PM. But last email I got was the 31st of July and on it looks like it'll be another month or so till the headers are back in stock. I was quoted about $400 USD shipped to my home from Aussie.

I'd just shoot an email asking to put you on the waitlist to send a set to the U.S.

Oh and here's a video with my perrin cans before my tune... crappy video but gets the job done.

oh and you might want to sit down for this on the offside you haven't seen this...

http://www.elpuercosi.fi/2012/09/13/my-old-subaru-legacy-spec-b-supercharged/ <--- LIFE GOALS!

west... i'm sure the low quality mic didn't help but I hope my car doesn't sound like that!! :eek: haha no offense! it sounds like a 1990 acura with a broken muffler :lol:

Archived