LegacyGT.com

Moving to the PNW - Recommendations and Advise

Fasemelta

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

Living in the Great Pacific Northwet is great, but the winter storms can be brutal.

The wind blew a bunch of trees down on the dead end road I live on, and knocked down a couple spans of electrical and phone lines last Tuesday. The PUD finally got the power back on early Saturday.

It was 5 days of living like the Pioneers. Oil lamps. Cooking on open flames (well, we always do that anyway, on the propane stove). Packing water up from the basement (we have a private well, and without electricity, no running water). Heating some of the water on the stove to bathe in. Using some of the water to flush the toilet.

Huddling around the fireplace.

Good times.

Frontier Communications sucks.

The phone company hung their wires back up too, but failed to check out if the lines were still good.

They are not.

And we still have no phone or internet.

Yep.

Frontier Communications sucks.

When Verizon was switching over and tossing their customers to Frontier I told a coworker about how bad the comments were about Frontier, but he decided to be optimistic about it. A month later he was telling me how much he hated it. He had FIOS and Frontier just whacked the FIOS customers way down.

But yeah, those November winds!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 3 weeks later...
Seattle suburbs are amazing. Seattle has great food and bad traffic 6-930 am and 330-7 pm. I recommend monroe, fall city, issaquah if you like being away from the big city but within 45 minute drive to downtown. I just drove from southern california to seattle, southern oregon is awesome but nothing there to speak of economically.

Archived