LegacyGT.com

Problems taking front grill off

mmm def

Ok so I unscrewed the 2 screws/bolts and then un-popped the 4 clips and the pop its at the top holding it in. There is something on the bottom of the grill holding it in, is there a direction I need to pull the grill out or am I missing another screw/clip?

Go straight "out and forward" towads the front of the car. It may take a little bit of gentle, yet firm, persuasion the first time you do this.

If that pops it free, but THEN you meet a stop, next gently and slowly back the grill towards the radiator (i.e. towards the back), and then tilt the grill slightly back (so that the top is further "in"), and pull up. If you look closely at the bottom ledge - and you can do so with the grill still in-place at the bottom, our bumpers are QUITE flexible, here - you'll see two silver-colored tabs/prongs which can cause this snag.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

on a side note, in reality, unless you're modifying your grille, I can't see any good reason you need to remove the grille from the bumper if you're taking the bumper off. Just remove the Pop-it and the bolt on top of the grille, unclip the four clips on top of the grille, and you shouldn't have any problem taking the bumper and grille off in one piece.

as what TSi+WRX said there are 2 tabs at the bottom that clips on to the bumper skin, usually you can just pull the grille towards you and that should take of it

yeah stick your hand through the bottom section and feel around for them. them help ease them off. one of mine was broke already when i got it so i only had one :(

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

The hardest part for me was getting the grill back on and those bottom clips attached. After several grill removals, the fit got worse and worse. I don't think they are even clipped anymore. I can't see a gap so I'm not worried about it.

Vahkil,

Don't worry about those two clips below when you're re-installing.

I've found that as long as you carefully align the base of the grill so that it fits tightly into the "slot" at that junction of the bumper cover, you will have a no-gap fit. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The hardest part for me was getting the grill back on and those bottom clips attached. After several grill removals, the fit got worse and worse. I don't think they are even clipped anymore. I can't see a gap so I'm not worried about it.

haha.. yeah it sucks. I never worried about it. - like you said, it looks fine without being clipped back on.

Archived