LegacyGT.com

Oh hello PO0011!

188,000KM

Little bit over 5000km on this oil change running Rotella T6

Been noticing some weird drivability issues and sometimes stalling at idle.

Banjo bolt filter is removed.

Should I just clean the passenger side OCV and change the oil and hope for the best?

Did your CEL come on for the PO0011?

Notice turbo sounding any different?

When my CEL came on for the PO0011, I immediately heard a different (not terrible) sound from the turbo. It was a done deal, starved it to death.

Pull the down pipe, check the turbo for shaft play before you start the car again.

Remove the banjo filter too.

Change the oil and filter, start planning for a turbo replacement.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Pull the down pipe, check the turbo for shaft play before you start the car again.

Remove the banjo filter too.

Change the oil and filter, start planning for a turbo replacement.

Yes I removed the banjo bolt filter on the back of the head years ago.

Turbo did have shaft play when I installed the downpipe a year ago.

I think I'm going to park my wagon for a few months since I'm able to walk to work. Remove the VF40 and send it to JMP.

Wouldn't hurt to change the OCV's I'm guessing?

1 - change your oil

2- clean both OVC/AVCS and swap them. (if its a solenoid issue the problem will reappear as p0021 on the other side)

3 - Clean all of the screens in the oil lines, I am told on the 2008 there are some behind your cam gears. So to access those sadly you have to pull the cams and timing stuff.

Typically this is a oil feed issue. Id start there. I just got that same CEL(and p0172) and that is my plan. If you are lucky it was just dirty oil.

Also has your oil gotten super low? Sometimes its a pressure/low oil issue.

Good luck!!

1 - change your oil

2- clean both OVC/AVCS and swap them. (if its a solenoid issue the problem will reappear as p0021 on the other side)

3 - Clean all of the screens in the oil lines, I am told on the 2008 there are some behind your cam gears. So to access those sadly you have to pull the cams and timing stuff.

Typically this is a oil feed issue. Id start there. I just got that same CEL(and p0172) and that is my plan. If you are lucky it was just dirty oil.

Also has your oil gotten super low? Sometimes its a pressure/low oil issue.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone made a whole DIY with pictures on how this is done?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

It's been talked about. check corvertrussian's thread. Or PM him he may know.

On the 05's the OCV are fairly easy if I recall right.

You have the one filter removed which is the P0011 filter on the back of the passenger side head. The other banjo filter is behind the timing belt cover.

HAMMERDOWN has a how to on here to remove that one.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Ok thanks Max Capacity I'll search for Hammers DIY.

Should have time next weekend to change the oil and clean swap the OCV'S and we'll go from there.

Any type of oil flush recommended?

Also what's the best way to get a hold of JMP to get a quote for a vf40 rebuild?

PM JmP6889928 from his sticky top of this page.

Subaru has a engine flush at the parts counter at the dealership. Gunk Motor flush should work too.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=banjo+bolt+filter+removal+HAMMERDOWN

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5gt-turbo-oil-supply-banjo-bolt-filter-removal-61689p70.html#post5075002

read the quote in post 1057, then read option 2 in HAMMERDOWN's instructions.

Thanks again Max capacity, was hard to search on my phone!

Got into contact with JMP and I think I'm going to get him to do the OEM rebuild so I don't need a custom tune.

Looking into buying the Fred beans turbo install kit, comes with the turbo oil feed and oil drain line. Looks like I'll have to source the oil feeds for the drivers side AVCS someplace else.

Took it for a drive today, drives normally under boost. Almost stalls at idle and when coming to a stop.

Going to order new OCV's from Fred beans for good measure but also going to remove my downpipe and check for shaft play when I do my oil change.

When you order from FB ask for bolts to bolt the turbo to the up pipe. Order the bolts that hold the Up Pipe bracket to the block.

I think you've seen my picture.

Oh sorry I didn't order those. why do I need them?

I installed a catless sti up pipe last year so in assuming all the hardware is still good.

I find it much easier to line up the inlet hose, oil return hose and up pipe all at the same time, rather then fight the studs on the up pipe.

Also have you read my tip for putting the tmic on ?

I leave the bolts at the turbo to up pipe loose until the tmic is in the TB hose and turbo outlet bolts are installed.

Ohhh yes I know what you mean. Although I am not replacing my turbo yet.

Going to do an engine flush and replace the OCV's first and see if that fixes my problem.

Also have a process west top mount so I have a lot of adjustability

OCV'S are scheduled to arrive on Aug 6 from fred beans

Max I want to do a couple of quick oil changes to help flush out what ever junk is in there.

Can I use regular oil or should I stick to synthetic?

Regular will be fine.

The old wife's tail about synthetic is just that, old and useless. You can switch back at any time.

With that thought in mind, how much is the cost difference...overall ? $40.00 ?

Any clue to yr p0011 yet? same issue with my lgt , just had my motor rebuilt after spinning a rod bearing last month and constantly getting p0011 for the past 2 weeks on nd off now. and I hav a new turbo since previous owner had his uppipe cat degrade and destroy the turbine, anyway I put in new ocvs and still getting codes, oil changes at 0 miles-100-500-and doing another at 1k (currently at 977 on block) only thing I can think of is the avcs itself is bad or timing is off by a tooth or so(but running fine , just at stop sthe idle drops) :spin:

Archived