LegacyGT.com

WTB: Motorcycle - Naked Bike Style Preferred, 600-750cc Preferred

12sechatch

EDIT: I found one, no longer in the market.

All,

After years of wearing her down, my wife has finally given in and said "fine, go buy one already":p

I am in the market for a toy. Something sub-$3K would be preferable. I enjoy the 'naked' look, so I'd like to go that route. I'm thinking a SV650, or the like. I really like the new Yamaha FZ-07, but I can't quite bring myself to spend that much just yet.

No crotch rockets / Supersport bikes please. I owned a GSXR back in the day and the riding position did not agree with my wrists.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

2009 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

V-twin, 645cc

thinking about wrapping the white a dark grey color. Thinking grey with gloss metallic blue would look interesting. Fender eliminator, bar end mirrors, chin/belly spoiler, and rear hugger are in the mail as we speak.

20315996602_7624b942d2_h.jpg

2009 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

V-twin, 645cc

thinking about wrapping the white a dark grey color. Thinking grey with gloss metallic blue would look interesting. Fender eliminator, bar end mirrors, chin/belly spoiler, and rear hugger are in the mail as we speak.

20315996602_7624b942d2_h.jpg

Rear hugger? Isn't that like a passenger? You ordered a passenger through the mail? From Southeast Asia probably? And your wife is OK with that?

No wrap yet. I picked up some color matched spray paint from automotivetouchup.com, so I'm going to attempt to color match the chin spoiler first. If it doesn't look good/right, then I'll go through the trouble of wrapping everything to ensure it all matches.

I did put the new bar end mirrors on last night though:

20544417705_28ad9e5fa8_h.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's cleaned up nicely!

Looks much better with the bar ends & fender eliminator, and without the side plastic. The chin spoiler really completes the look. I put one on my FZ6 too, when I converted it to naked.

Archived