LegacyGT.com

Strange A/F problem

Getting tuned by cryotune and we've run into a issue where on idle the car is adding fuel while on acceleration/cruising its pulling. Changed the maf twice to be sure. Cant pinpoint the problem. Any ideas?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

possible vac leak somewhere or a faulty BPV unit. Prior to the tune, did the tuner do a pre-dyno inspection such as a smoke and/or pressure test to make sure the manifold was sealed? Vac leaks often present themself in the form of odd AFR swings.

Then again, everything may be fine. The AFR learning view system is designed to adjust to changing conditions and needs. What injectors and/or fuel pump are you running? It may just be the way they are dialed in, and as long as the learning view is within reasonable limits, theres little need to worry over them.

-Mikey

Good possibility of a boost/vacuum leak. It's an e-tune so no pre-dyno inspection, that's on the owner. Lean at idle rich while pulling could be air escaping while on throttle. I would think post turbo given that condition. I spent a good portion of time early in my first tune chasing boost leaks. Dave is a great tuner and was always able to point me in the right direction even when it came to things I'd already double and triple checked.

Yea, already have done a smoke test at my shop with pressure to make sure. I'll look into post turbo leaks, I usually hear what sounds to be air escaping at full throttle and boost. Dave pointed me to perhaps something fuel related but the stock injectors and fuel pump should be fine.

My high mileage turd.

Your not that far from http://www.AZPinstalls.com call them and have them check it out.

Forgot to mention, family owns a shop here and my brothers been doing the some of the hunting. If it comes down to me hitting a wall then ill take a trip down there.

My high mileage turd.

Archived