LegacyGT.com

Replacing Radiator..??

Hi All,

I need a little help... as I was recharging the ac this morning, and the engine was running I noticed steam coming out of a small hole in the front of the radiator. I continued to charge the ac and naturally the volume of steam increased. The engine temperate on the dash however stayed normal. Should I get the radiator changed..?? or just leave as is and avoid traffic jams...??

I thought so, unfortunately I don't have a garage, living in Brooklyn otherwise I'd do this one myself.

The beast is 10 years old, I had the time belt done about 2 months ago. So an AC overhaul probably isn't out of the question, adding the refrigerant worked tho she blows cold again. Thanks guys

Hi All,

I need a little help... as I was recharging the ac this morning, and the engine was running I noticed steam coming out of a small hole in the front of the radiator. I continued to charge the ac and naturally the volume of steam increased. The engine temperate on the dash however stayed normal. Should I get the radiator changed..?? or just leave as is and avoid traffic jams...??

change it man. be lucky you found the leak when its small and you can get around.

change it as soon as you can.

Are you sure it isn't your ac condenser it sits right in front of your radiator?

I was thinking the same thing. Is it the engine radiator or the A/C "radiator"? I'm thinking high chance that it's number two.

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Archived