LegacyGT.com

throwin the head back

ECU Tuning, cat back, intake, suspension, and a good driver. Don't dump the clutch, though...that might hurt, in the long run.

I think rallitek or cobb might have a solution available, if not sooner than later, for you N/A guys.

Or, get an engine swap...the lengthy/costly resolve. Or, upgrade to an LGT!

Wow, you actually understood what that meant? I must be getting old...

hehe...yeah, I know what you mean. I'm getting up there in age as well...though, still feel nice and healthy.

Funny, though...there was a kid I used to know...and still do...but whever I took him out in a ride with my WRX...he would have this HUGE grin on his face...everytime I kicked the turbo up a notch. And every single time he saw me...he would say, "Dude, do that again...make my neck snap." :lol:

Man...those were the days...!;)

ECU Tuning, cat back, intake, suspension, and a good driver. Don't dump the clutch, though...that might hurt, in the long run.

I think rallitek or cobb might have a solution available, if not sooner than later, for you N/A guys.

Or, get an engine swap...the lengthy/costly resolve. Or, upgrade to an LGT!

Rallitek is the best way to go for NA performance. So far my GT has an intake from them and the ECU or headers will be coming shortly (I have to decide which way I want to go first). You can also, if you want to spend the cash and stay NA swap out the cam shafts and pistons. I think Rallitek can help you with that, but I know there are other places, if you want them I'll post them in the morning when I'm more with it.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Well, if you can't upgrade to a GT, it seems there are a few things you could do. My friend recently decided to start working on his non turbo 04 or 05 s40. I mean I dont think you could get insane numbers outta it like a GT, but get that exhaust free flowing do some custom 3 inch piping, get rid of the cats and resonator, get a free flowing intake and some headers. Work on the suspension a little, get some leightweight wheels and tires, upgrade to some lgt brakes with pads and lines maybee. Im not really sure maybe the leightweight pulleys and STS from the GT would work. After that get some ecu tuning to take advantage of you freeer air path and than you should have some decent power. If you wana get crazy theres cams and stuff...

Probably the honda guys might be a good resource for NA engines. They've had to deal with underpowered NA engines for a long time. Just don't let them put a ricey kit on your car!

The best fix for my underpowered Honda was a nice swap to an overpowered NA engine;):p

The best fix for my underpowered Honda was a nice swap to an overpowered NA engine;):p

well that doesn't help much. What do the guys do who can't afford an engine swap ? BESIDES SLAPPING ON A LOUD EXHAUST THAT SOUNDS LIKE A WET FART! Sorry just had to get that out there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

why do people want that neck snap feeling of a launch? I know this sounds stupid, but stiffen the suspension so that the suspension doesnt cushion the power/weight transfer.

If you want to just launch the car in stock form, just shift at max torque or launch the car at max torque peak.

Keefe

why do people want that neck snap feeling of a launch? I know this sounds stupid, but stiffen the suspension so that the suspension doesnt cushion the power/weight transfer.

If you want to just launch the car in stock form, just shift at max torque or launch the car at max torque peak.

Cause to most, it's :cool: , why else? :rolleyes:

Seriously, though...not everyone understands the logistics of everything...related to suspension/torque, etc. Not everyone is a race-car driver...or even attempting to build one. They just like the 'feeling' even if it's the wrong thing to do to the car. Not everyone will understand your statement...becuase they just don't know what it means.

Personally, I get it...and the rush of the turbo kicking in at the correct points is just a nice touch. Leaves most people speechless. That's just my opinion...though....so ymmv.

Neck-snapping is not cool. I can get anyone's neck -including Guido's- to jerk by just executing awful shifts......:lol:

That feeling you get down-low, of true torque pressing your innards into the seat, that G-force feeling, now THAT is cool. :D

Ride in any true high-power car, prep yourself for the launch by putting your head back against the headrest - now concentrate on where that true feeling of "G" is hitting you. It's all down-low. :dm:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I agree w/ TSi..the feeling you want is your back getting thrown into the seatback, and you feel the Gs in your chest, upper abdomen..now THAT is what you would want to feel..cus..well..it feels gooood..

I thought we were talking about cars here and not about sex:confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^ ROF :lol:

Either you're using one of them slings, or your significant other is significantly larger than you are! ;):p:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

if anything, you should have a hard time breathing from the g-forces... now THAT is cool.. that constant pressure of something pressuring you as you drive. I know B4_Maniac only sat in with me for 40 seconds in the car when I drove, just imagine a track day at 20 min intervals :cool:

Drifting is cool when things just start to float and there's no sense in g-forces acting upon you. But once you get back on the gas and get where you need to go, your body just feels like it got pushed back into the seat. Imagine riding a roller coaster.. not just the launch of the coaster, but the ENTIRE ride.. that's is where the :cool: is really at.

Keefe

To me while getting a hard launch can feel cool, it's not the best feeling.

The best to me is what happened the other day. I was driving normally, a pack of cars I was in had just left from a stop light and i was around 2500ish in 2nd gear accelerating slowly when I noticed several cars trying to move over because they were a bit lost. Since i was taking the right exit anyway I just moved that accelerator right on down and I just love the feeling of the car pinning you in to your seat. Those cars then all filled in the gap I left as they switched lanes.

My old car couldn't do that.

In response to the OP, the best way to get that head snap was to buy the LGT in the first place. doh :(

+1 ^^

I have done a few times and it is great! Before you know it you are doing 100 without breaking a sweat! The power between 75 - 100 MPH is insane! My old car could definitely not do that either.

X :D

---

Well tonight I was curuzin and thinking about this thread. All I have done performance wise on the car is a GP-moto intake for now (we wont put suspension/handling mods into play right now). With the intake on the GT the higher rpm's are accented and the pull is incredible (quite fun actually, and yes it does "plant you" in your seat). That is your best bet for a little more ooph and a more enjoyable feeling, plus if you get used to the gas pedal enough in an automatic you can apply the power curve to the entire rpm range (hard to describe, but you'll understand if you realize the funkiness of the fuel pump/injector combo). Well thats my contribution for the night.

And yes I posted this in two different threads, blame teh booze

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived