LegacyGT.com

Ryan's White Whale Wagon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold weather is coming in but I was able to install a ported STI catless uppipe I picked up for about $90 and sold off the cheap one I had previously bought. This pipe looks a little smaller in inner diameter than the other one I had but the OEM reliability tradeoff is worth it to me. The 2 pipes really do look very similar. Install took about 4 hours.

Time to go back to winter mode with my front lip coming off and the stock wheels going back on with winter tires on them. After the winter I'll be throwing on a set of coilovers I bought off another member on here for the drop I've been waiting for.

The car is currently stage 2 tuned with catless UP and 3" catted DP and it's getting some good power.

Also I was able to throw on some Perrin shifter bushings to replace the stock ones and the difference is worth it for such a small price. The car feels more connected.

1.jpg.9f81eedff82e958d4fe1fbeca58789b0.jpg

121650165_UppipeComparison.thumb.jpg.66d6b58025dbfede1520e3524d2c86bf.jpg

I'm back to stock wheels for winter mode and the lip will be coming off soon. Got them on and realized one is flat and has a gash in it :@ there's $200 down the drain. I forgot how good these stock wheels look though - maybe I'll try something different next summer.

59333053_FlatTire.jpg.fb1103498d8450d5007ffb8c755b401b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've been working on this for the longest time and finally completed the finished product. This is my Nexus 7 2013 tablet install which I did using an OEM cubby I dremeled out. It was a very intensive process getting it to fit right but it's definitely possible and there's no need to buy a $200USD bezel for it. If it wasn't so damn cold right now up here I'd run out and install it right away along with my new OEM subwoofer but it's going to have to wait until it's not -30 degrees celsius :(

IMG_20160116_165529.thumb.jpg.45cad2ad9a312b410c945bc42bc52d6a.jpg

I'm going to be using it for nav, music/video (long drives on the prairies), phone calls via bluetooth, engine monitoring via Torque app and potentially rear view camera if I get around to it. I just posted a couple of links in the thread below to some videos I made about the software I'm running as well as how to turn the OEM bezel into my bezel. I'll be running a fuse tap into the center console storage area where I'll be hiding a USB hub. A wire will run from the tablet to the USB hub and that way it will be powered anytime the car is on and the software will automatically turn it on. The benefit of this solution is I can manually connect the tablet to my laptop any time I want to update the music/video etc without taking it out and can also power my phone and up to 2 other USB devices off of the hub. I'll be writing it up once it's in the car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tablet-pc-carputeri-149420p38.html

It's hidden in the dash sitting just below the tablet. I was thinking about relocating it to the cigarette lighter spot but it was a lot more work than I want to do at the moment. I might try to make my own relocation kit for it in the future but all of the information it gives me I can get on my tablet from the OBD anyway so I'm ok with it there.

I also did a brushed aluminum wrap on the pieces around the gear shift. Grey in the middle and black on the sides. I want to do the radio in grey to match but it looks pretty difficult getting around all those buttons.

• 1 month later...

The bottom one has a pinch in the corner that looks...pep boyish. But the top one seems to have a spot a few inches from the corner that's not lit.

Either way, I'd like to see both installed to get an overall feel. I see more people going along the bottom, I've wondered how they look using the location in your top photo.

Going along the top of the light really makes it seem more audiesq which I really like. And its more aggressive than the people that go along the bottom of the light. What did you use for the light strips?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Thanks guys - they're just mock ups right now held in place with some tape on the inside of the headlight to figure out fitment issues. I didn't really like what I was seeing with the light bar in the bottom of the housing, I much prefer the top. This is a spare set I bought to practice with and make sure what I wanted to do was feasible. That dim spot on the top picture is actually an LED within the bar that broke when I forced it into the corner for the bottom shot (I did that one first). I'm going to need to fix that before I do it for real. The only obstacle I've found so far is that the light bar makes the headlight not want to close completely so I'm trying to work that out at the moment. Hopefully I'll have them installed on the car within the next couple of weeks, I can't wait to see what they'll look like.

Also magnus - I bought these light bars on ebay for about $20 but they look a lot like what all the other manufacturers seem to be putting out and I'm willing to bet they just sell rebrands of the same thing. They're very bright also

• 3 weeks later...

Got around to installing my OBX-R wagon catback today and it sounds amazing. I might try and get out with my studio mic to get a real exact exhaust note video of what it sounds like. I'm running it with a nameless 3" catted downpipe which means the whole turboback is 3" all the way and I haven't opened it up on the throttle yet but I felt a little bit of an extra kick on the on-ramp after install. For anyone considering this exhaust, it is LOUD. There is definitely drone in the cockpit. I'm going to be looking into getting a resonator or extra muffler welded into the midpipe ASAP because although I love the sound, I know I won't be able to take it on long drives. Also, when I received the exhaust in the box I was definitely worried the gigantic tips would look horrible on the car and was thinking about ways to get rid of them even before installing but I'm actually ok with the way they look coming out the back. They're a little standout-ish for my preference but they'll do for now.

I know a vibrant ultra-quiet resonator is a good choice for reducing drone, does anyone have any suggestions on a muffler for the mid-pipe that could reduce volume + drone?

IMG_20160404_170401.thumb.jpg.1b7a87200b8bba9345963cc936a1f904.jpg

IMG_20160404_172114.thumb.jpg.42988d7c771d15a8cd8b137b57c8f7df.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
It's my birthday today and I decided to splurge like hell... I just threw down a load of cash on a JDM Spec B front end including JDM Honeycomb grill and STI lip so stay tuned. I may have also picked up a set of JDM spats to finish up the look. I'm not allowing myself to buy things anymore...

It's my birthday today and I decided to splurge like hell... I just threw down a load of cash on a JDM Spec B front end including JDM Honeycomb grill and STI lip so stay tuned. I may have also picked up a set of JDM spats to finish up the look. I'm not allowing myself to buy things anymore...

Happy birthday bro! Cheers!

Yeah the tips will be extended, the flanges will be turned and the front hangar will probably be moved. It was inspired by another guy on the forum who did this on his wagon. The end result should be a nice shiny set of quad tips that are a little deeper and louder without the drone. Will post pics after.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather is good this week so I washed and used a claybar on this car for the first time. I'm really disappointed with the quality of paint Subaru used. It seems the previous owners did not take good care of the paint either. One day I will have to repaint her :(

New front end in 2 days.

IMG_1906.thumb.JPG.7a0f99cb5621b3448032f65fad6020f8.JPG

IMG_1883.thumb.JPG.2f17209b04e4705341609cc2e6525fdf.JPG

IMG_1890.thumb.JPG.f6b505231f7ae8f67e4bf8d121a9a14e.JPG

IMG_1916.thumb.jpg.8a8b73198a680b883ec47a47dda7debc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived