LegacyGT.com

Loud pop need advice asap.

Okay after VF52 upgrade noticed a noise from 43 to 63mph this is were it was most noticeable. Found no leaks so I took it for a Dyno Tune in Blairsville PA to TPG tuning. Weather outside was like 83 and sunny. They tuned the car to put down no more than 18PSI with the injectors at 98 percent duty cycle. Took car for test ride after they tuned it for a hour and a half. Car seemed fine but still had the noise. No leaks found, felt okay must be more turbo noise after reading a couple of posts on the site. Well Sunday was hot like 81 and a bit humid took the car out for a ride and it fell on its face would not boost up and had limited power and still had the noise. Took car out tonight 53 outside plugged in my accessport after I let the car get up to normal operating temp. Well gave it some gas and the car ran like a raped ape Accesport said I put down 22.6 PSI. Thought how could this be when I was tuned for only 18, so I ran it again rev. limiter shut me down and again I put down 22.4 PSI., car ran way fast and stronger than when I left TPG. Also I am running a Grimm Speed boost controller. Well I thought something was not right so again I hit the gas boost hit 22.6 PSI and I heard a pop. Car lost power and slowly came to a stop and shut off. I opened the hood the catalytic converter was cherry red, and I popped off one of the boost hose's off the turbo. I put it back on and attempted to start the car it cranked over started and died. Tryed again did the same thing. Got the car towed to the house attemped again to start the car it started ran tryed to Idle I gave it some gas a bit and it died again. Tow truck driver found a rubber square gasket under the car. I did a check engine read and got PO700 transmission system malfunction. Okay my guess I blew out the tranny and somehow it keeps the motor from running or I blew the tranny and F uped the bottom of the motor to keep it from running. Input would be greatly appreaciated. ty for reading my post and any info. you give.

Car starts shakes blows black smoke I f Blew it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How though I see that kinda boost put down here all the time. Sounds like my tune wasn't the best maybe.

Intercooler came apart car started up just fine neneed to upgrade that piece.

Glad it turned out to not be a blown motor or trans! Unfortunately, at anything more than stage 1 power, the end tanks like to blow apart, because the pressure basically "un-crimps" the metal tabs from the end tanks.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived