LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner datalogging question

rodan

After some searching and lots of reading, I have not found the answer to the following question:

If you are running a standard AP map (say from a ProTuner shop), can you use Street Tuner to datalog?

As I understand it, the answer would be no, as (according to the user guide) the ST requires you to flash a ST base map in the marrying process. Is this correct?

I would very much like to get ST, as it's a fantastic tool, and looks like it would meet my future needs, but I would also like to do some datalogging and optimizing on my current configuration. It looks like ST is incapable of this?

Anyone using ST on their Legacy?

After some searching and lots of reading, I have not found the answer to the following question:

If you are running a standard AP map (say from a ProTuner shop), can you use Street Tuner to datalog?

As I understand it, the answer would be no, as (according to the user guide) the ST requires you to flash a ST base map in the marrying process. Is this correct?

I would very much like to get ST, as it's a fantastic tool, and looks like it would meet my future needs, but I would also like to do some datalogging and optimizing on my current configuration. It looks like ST is incapable of this?

Anyone using ST on their Legacy?

Nope, the AccessPort can no l onger use standard AP maps once you convert to ST. Cobb provides very similar maps to the AP maps to be used as a start in ST.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was thinking that would be the case. In my situation, I am getting an map from a ProTuner, which should be pretty close for me (closer than the Cobb OTS ST map), but still may need some tweaking due to altitude, etc.

I was hoping to be able to log that, and build the ST map from what I find there... I'm looking into the TARI software as a possible solution to log the AP map.

• 2 months later...

Is there a tuning for dummies post on here somewhere?

I think that dabbling in street tuner would be really fun, but I don't know anything about tuning.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Archived