LegacyGT.com

Problems Still

Well if you guys didnt see my last post. I bought a 09 LGT last monday. Since then, I have had to replace the turbo, oil, coolant, spark plugs, and air filter. All of which hadn't been done in what looked like, quite a while (Probably why the turbo went bad). I'm trying to explore all my options here. Keep in mind Lemon Laws dont cover used cars in Utah.

I was told by Subaru that it was just a turbo and that that would fix my problems. I changed the turbo AND the plugs. My check engine light is still on and is pulling codes of P0301, P0303, and P0304 (Misfiring). I'm going to get everything checked out tomorrow (Hoping for coils) to see if it is something that is fixable.

My question to you guys. I'm trying to figure out if it is going to be more cost effective to get a lawyer or a new block for this. What does a new block run for these cars? I have read $1900 but I could have read out of context? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey man, I've been in your shoes many times before. What I can tell you that's a good thing is that you have a misfire on cyl #1 which normally points to something stupidly easy, but then again if your car wasn't maintained, it could be a bad HG.

From my experience with the codes:

Cyl #4 is a bad one to get a misfire on and normally points to burt valve or maybe even a crapped head gasket.

HOWEVER, multiple cyl misfires, especially after changing sparks, is a good thing. This normally means that you forgot to do something like add dielectric in the terminals or somehow your spark gap is super out of whack.

I had a misfire on cyl #4 a couple months bad and I was turding bricks for a bit. Then, when I was about to get ready to remove the engine for a rebuild, I found that I had forgotten to connect the ignitor on cyl #4. Just take your time and look over everything again if you did it yourself, or take it back to the shop that did your sparks and ask them to take a look.

Have fun with the car, these things are amazing when they actually work lol

Looks like you made your mind up, but it's hard for me to believe there's no consumer protection for buying a used car in Utah only nine days old. Was this a private sale? One would tend to believe it wasn't since you mentioned lemon laws.

Archived