LegacyGT.com

Before reading this, I went to Jiffy Lube (More out of convenience than anything). I was going to have the do a flush as well, where I wasn't sure what the previous owner had done as far a service goes. When the guy told me what it would cost, I about S#!+ myself. I ended up just doing it myself.

LOL never do that. They ripped off my oil filter change door and zip tied it back on like I wouldn't know.

It's been extremely trying on my patience... haha I'm so stoked to be able to drive it. Bummed about the break in process though...

Id be more bummed that you had to replace the engine in an 09 that you just bought!!!:eek:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

OP, make sure you get the car off the factory MAP. Your in UT, so PM "cryo" Dave can help you keep the car running great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OP, make sure you get the car off the factory MAP. Your in UT, so PM "cryo" Dave can help you keep the car running great.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. I always say, life is about who you know! Thanks all for the help and info. Stoked to be a part of the community

Your welcome. We are here to help.

Keep up with all the fluid changes, don't let the car sit and warm up in cold weather. Start it and drive. The only warm up I do is start it, sweep off the snow or frost then drive it. Never let it sit and idle for long periods.

These cars like to be driven not good for short driving and then shutting it off. Those of us with high mileage cars seem to have a lot fewer miss-fire CEL's and other nagging issues.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh really? I read somewhere (Not that you can always trust the innnernet :p) that you were supposed to let the car warm up so that the oil is thinner and can travel through the banjo bolt more efficiently before driving it? This is good stuff to know... also, does anyone know how much a rack on top of the car will effect fuel efficiency/MPH?

a rack on top of the car will affect gas milage pretty significantly I would think. Some are designed better than others, but on the highway anything attached to the car that doesn't belong will usually "hold you back" at highway speeds, thus causing your mpg to be worse. How much worse depends on what is in it, how fast you are going I would think. Though I could be wrong, but I had snowboards racks attached to my sti and with the boards locked in, My mpgs were def not as good as when it wasn't connected. Hope this helps! others with more experience may chime in and say im wrong but i only have a small amount of experience with them. They were inno Racks I believe.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived